His Imperious Boss - 17

Check if you've read the previous update.

Unedited
________________

Sidharth strolled to and fro near the ladies washroom for almost half an hour but Shehnaaz doesn't come out.

It was their workplace where they share professional relationship hence he couldn't ask any lady to check on her. He feared that he would end up giving bites to gossiping mouths and entertainment to prying eyes. However, he was anxious to know about her state.

A lady employee from the floor goes inside the washroom. She then comes out after 5 minutes and he looks at her face.

"Hi Sidharth", She passes a smile for the sake of formality.

"Hi Pallavi. Kaisi ho?", He smiles back.

"Good good. How are you?", She asks.

"Yeah, great..", he answers.

"Hmmm", she tries to go back to her seat so her smile fades and eyeballs move into different direction.

"Aur.. Pallavi andar sab thik haina?", He asks pointing his thumbs at the washroom door behind him.

"Huh? Kya matlab?", She gets shocked and confused at the question.

Sidharth realises that his question was senseless, weird and sounded cheap.

"Aaa... Mera matlab woh.. woh.. housekeeping thik se kaam kar rahi hai ya nahi iska update lena tha. Mein andar nahi jaa sakta na toh lady employees se feedback le raha tha..", he said to cover up. The creases of confusion on her forehead relaxed and he sighed inwardly for having convinced her.

"Ohh!! Achcha!! Woh kya hai na.. Joh beech wala wash basin ka nal hai na uski flow thodi kam lagti hai. Aur chaar din pehle kisi ne flush nahi kiya tha.. aur woh jo chota sa window haina...", The lady literally went on and on with the list of complaints and he virtually facepalms himself for talking to her but to look attentive he nods his head.

At that moment, Shehnaaz walks out of the washroom and ignoring his presence goes to her cabin. When he tries to leave, Pallavi stops him.

"Arey rukho Sidharth, suno woh jo mirror hai na...", Sidharth interrupts her.

"Aa.. Pallavi ek kaam karo, tum na yeh saare complaints ka ek bada sa word document banake mere email address pe bhej do. Main sab ko sort out karvata hoon.", he excused and made his way towards Shehnaaz's cabin.

"Sir, CEO ma'am ne kaha hai ki unke order thak koi bhi unke cabin ke andar nahi jaayega.", Stops the office boy.

"Huh? Par main toh unka personal secretary hoon.", Said Sidharth.

"Haan sir, par woh aapke aur Rihaan Sir ke liye bhi same instruction keh ke gayi hai.", Said the office boy.

Sidharth's face fell and nodding his head, he sauntered to his seat.

As a secretary, main clients ko, creditors ko, investors ko, sab ko apne communication se khush rakh sakta hoon aur jitni bhi badi issue aaye sabko tackle kar sakta hoon par jab baat meri personal feelings ki aati hai toh main express hi nahi kar sakta. Uski aankhein dekh ke hi sab bhool jaati hoon aur sab raita phail jaata hai. Na chahte huye bhi stupid si harkat karne lagta hoon. Par express karne ki zarurat kyu hai? Kyu woh mere actions ko samajh nahi sakti?

His thoughts were disturbed by a call from an unknown number.

"Hello..", he answered.

"Am I speaking with Mr. Sidharth Malhotra?", Asked a female.

"Yes, I am.", Answered Sidharth.

"Hi Sidharth, I am a HR Manager for J&J Constructions Company. First of all Congratulations. I've sent across you an offer letter on your email for the position of General Manager. Could you check and send me the required documents at the earliest so that you can start your job from next week?", Said the lady.