His Imperious Boss - 20

Check if you've read the previous update given yesterday.

Unedited..
_______________

"Shehnaaz.. will you marry me?", The words echoed in the hall which fell deaf silent. The lights turned on fully and as Sidharth picked up the red heart shaped cushion and walked towards her, the people around whispered to each other.

"Naukri jaane ka sadma laga hai bechaare ko", mutters someone.

"Yeh paasa kaise ulta padh gaya?", Said Vicky.

"Yeh shayad bhool gaya ki woh uski boss hai..", said James.

"Chill, aaj Shehnaaz uska purana badla pura karegi..", smirked Rihaan.

'Hmmm.. natak bahut badiyaan kar leta hai Sidharth kyuki agar main na kehti toh woh usko propose bhi nahi karta kyuki pyaar toh woh mujhse karta hai.' Kaamini thinks.

Shehnaaz stared at him with no expression on her face but her brain and her heart overworked. Over the 4 years of heartbreak, she had mastered the art of disconnecting her facial expression from her heart and mind.

The outburst of Shehnaaz at the office had made Sidharth realise how hurt she was with his behaviour. When she said she could never forgive him for that behaviour, he had been thinking of how to reduce her pain. To inflict the same pain, he decided to propose to her in front of everyone just as she did and get insulted by her because he knew her answer already.

He held the cushion in front of her with a smile. Everyone in the hall waited for him to get insulted. Shehnaaz stared into his eyes quietly.

"I will", came her answer making Sidharth's heart skip a beat. He was shocked to get the unexpected reply from her. The crowd along with Sidharth was still trying to digest the reply when she took the heart shaped cushion from him and hugged him with a smile. The moment Sidharth felt her warmth he realised that it wasn't a dream but a reality. He hugged her back and the crowd around applauded though some did it half heartedly.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz stood next to each other while people congratulated them one by one.

"Rihaan..", called Shehnaaz after a while.

"Yes ma'am.", Said Rihaan coming forward.

"Get me the bag from my car's back seat.", She said passing him the key.

He nodded and went out to the parking lot and got the bag from her car. He passed the bag to her and she walked to get the microphone.

"Sidharth.. you've served my father as his secretary and he had been always praises for your work. Though I never expressed gratitude and appreciated you for your work, I have always admired the way you delivered your work. I am very thankful to you and I wished you didn't have to resign. I will miss working with you at the office as professionals. I wish you all the best for your future endeavours.", She said giving him the relieving letter.

"Shehnaaz?", Sidharth was stunned because even after agreeing to marry him, she stayed put on her decision to relieve him off the job.

"This is a small token of love for you from Agarwal group.", She said passing him a bag after taking away a blue coloured envelope from it. Everyone clapped enthusiastically. He took the bag with hesitation while observing her minutely. She smiled and pushed the blue envelope into her purse.

"Rihaan, check for dinner.", Instructs Shehnaaz. He nods and leaves.

"Yeh sab kya hai Shehnaaz?", Sidharth asked her after Rihaan left them alone.

"Tumhara send-off gift, Sidharth.", She smiled.

"Woh mujhe pata hai. Par kyu? Ab toh humare beech sab sort out ho gaya hai na? Phir bhi tum mujhe relieve kar rahi ho? I have no shame working under you but mujhe tumhaare saath rehna hai 24 hours.", Said Sidharth.