His Imperious Boss - 36

Good morning all, sorry for the late update. Those who follow me may already know that my kids were sick and then I got conjunctivitis. Just recovered from it.

Unedited version 🙏
__________

Shehnaaz and Sidharth arrive at the conference room where all the key employees were already waiting for the meeting to begin.

"Good Afternoon Shehnaaz", they wished her one by one.

She held her head high and nodded to their wishes slightly.

"Thanks for arriving at such short notice. Without wasting much time on beating around the bush, I would come straight to the reason we've assembled here. I am taking a short break from the office and in my absence, my role will be assumed by this gentleman here. That's Mr. Sidharth Malhotra, my husband.", She said introducing by pointing her hand at Sidharth.

"Sidharth Malhotra?"

"Sidharth?"

She heard whispers and murmurs. Everyone in the meeting room was surprised as they took a close look at the bald Sidharth and realised indeed he was Sidharth Malhotra.

"Does anybody has any problem?", She asked causing the room go silent. Her gaze shifted to Rihaan whose jaws hung wide open in shock.

While everybody nodded their head in denial, there was one hand which was half raised in the room. While Sidharth bit his lip nervously, Rihaan smirked looking at the man. Shehnaaz stared at the person. It was Sunil Jha, the Finance Manager, who was already sweating profusely and whose hand now shook in repentance of raising it. He shivered finding only his hands raised.

"Yes Mr. Sunil Jha?", She said in a straight tone.

"Aaa.. ummmm.. F.. f.. from when will be effective?", Jha changed the question due to fear. Sidharth sighed whilst Rihaan shook his head in disbelief.

"Effective immediately. Mr. Rihaan Malik, you don't seem happy with it. Do you have anything to say?", Shehnaaz asked strictly having observed Rihaan's behaviour. Rihaan straightened up and looked around the whole room and gulped as all the eyes were watching him.

"Aaa.. no.. nothing like that.. I was just wondering if he is experienced enough to.. to handle the responsibilities which comes with the.. the position.", Said Rihaan. Sidharth closed his momentarily.

"Anything else?", Shehnaaz glared at him.

"I.. I mean we have many more experienced person like Mr. Batra, Mr. Jha, Mrs. D'Souza in senior roles who would have handled the responsibility in your absence. It.. it.. it looks like he is getting this opportunity just because he married you.", Said Rihaan.

Sidharth bit the insides of his lips because he was himself doubting his capabilities since the time she had told him about this. He feared of doing mistakes as he felt that none of it actually belonged to him but hers and her father's legacy. Rihaan had successfully unleashed the little cover of confidence over his insecurities and fear.

"Anybody else feels the same?", Asked Shehnaaz looking at those present in the room. There was some silence in the room before Sunil Jha put his hand up reluctantly. Slowly few other hands went up, pushing down Sidharth's esteem even more lower. Rihaan smirked for successfully igniting the match.

"So Mr. Jha, do you think I did justice to my position since past one year?", She asked.

"Yes, there is no doubt that you've handled the business well post your father's demise.", Said Jha immediately.

"Thanks for the acknowledgement. Do you think I came with any experience Mrs. D'Souza.", Asked Shehnaaz.

"Aaa..I feel that business runs in your blood.", Said D'Souza