His Imperious Boss - 24

Check if you've read the previous update.

__________________

Shehnaaz sat behind the driving wheel, while Lakshmi sat in the front beside her, chattering non stop about the list of guests she would have to invite for the wedding. Along with every mention, she would describe Shehnaaz their characteristics which Shehnaaz was enjoying thoroughly.

Sidharth occupied the backseat doing his favourite job of lazily relaxing while leaning his head to the headrest and listening to the music which played in the car.

"Maa.. ek minute.. mujhe mere secretary, Rihaan ko phone lagana hai..", excused Shehnaaz. Sidharth opened his eyes briefly on the mention of Rihaan's name and stared at her through the mirror.

"Haan beta zarur..", approved Lakshmi.

Shehnaaz dialled Rihaan on speaker which was answered by Rihaan in just 2 rings.

"Hello Ma'am. Good Afternoon", Rihaan greeted over the call.

"Starbucks, opposite to 7 vows.. in 45 minutes.", She spoke straight to the point without wasting any unnecessary words.

"Okay.. I..", she disconnected the call even before he completed his formality filled sentence.

Lakshmi's mouth fell wide open witnessing her soon to be daughter in law's sassy attitude.

"Shehnaaz.. koi meeting hai kya? Kuch problem hai?", Asked Lakshmi.

"Nahi Maa.. Shaadi ka kaam delegate karna haina.", Said Shehnaaz while turning on the volume of the soft music and glancing at Sidharth through the mirror. His eyes were shut yet his lips curved into a delicate smile learning the purpose of call. She smiled subtly while slightly shaking her head in disbelief.

"Haan Maa.. aap Delhiwale mausa ke samosa love ka zikar kar rahi thi..", Shehnaaz reminds Lakshmi of exactly what she was speaking last.

Hearing those words Sidharth's lips didn't cease smiling. He knew his mom's ability to chatter non-stop but Shehnaaz paying attention to those unnecessary detailing and reminding her what exactly she was speaking was the sweetest and the most surprising thing for him.

Having worked with and under Shehnaaz, he knew how perfect she is as a professional, he was also aware of how wonderful it was to be her friend but being loved by her was an ultimate blessing. The way she treated his mother made him melt like butter unknowingly.

With his eyes closed, he continued smiling with an unknown blush while Shehnaaz stole glances of him every now and then until they reached Sidharth's apartment.

Lakshmi got down from the car bidding bye to her and went inside the apartment. Shehnaaz looked back at Sidharth who was still cozily seating in the backseat. She cleared her throat to get attention. There is a popular saying tha 'Sone walon ko phir bhi utta sakte hai, usse kaise uttaiye joh sone ka natak kar raha hai'. He didn't even move his eyeballs.

"Suniye..", hearing that one word made his Adam's apple move.

"Aji sunte ho?", His eyes opened in flinch as soon as she called him sweetly with a smile, surprising him.

"Aap hi ko keh rahi hoon..", she batted her eyelashes twice and he felt his heart beat rising.

"H..h..haan?", He fumbled.

"Kaaha le chalu aapko?", She asked him even sweetly. Her eyes directly met his eyes making him shiver.

"S.. S.. Seven Vows jaane wale th.. th.. the na hum?", He stammered even more in her intense gaze.

"Main koi tumhaari driver ya chauffeur nahi hoon.. saamne aake baito.", She spoke strictly.

Main toh sone ka natak kar raha tha, phir bhi aisa sapna kaise dekh liya?