Author's Note

This is for you.

I decided to write this letter at the very first page of my stories because as I reflect and as I continue to evolve as an aspiring writer, wander and craft stories, I have realized the power of literature to impact and the writer to influence but alongside is a responsibility.

Sunset Avenues is an imperfect and flawed series. Inculcated in the series are the stories that tackle about certain issues that are sensitive, debatable to just and morally upright, conformity to what is right and what is wrong, the standards about love and romance and issues that may cause trigger for readers.

However, the purpose of these stories is not to tolerate such issues or to promote and normalize culture to the readers but to raise awareness and to make us realize that we have our own autonomy for our actions and thus for the consequences.

The characters may reflect us in our lost times and they may also represent us in a way that they can learn, change and be the better version of themselves in their metamorphosis.

This is now a letter for you, as this may be fiction but you may find along the way the truths of reality. So whatever negative connotation that you may encounter here, reflect but leave it here. Whatever learnings that you will gain here, not just in the aspect of love, I hope that you will make the most out of it in this lifetime.