Chapter 33

Chapter 33 

Please

"Habang nag-aayos ako ng dokumento sa library, you may check our room and.."

Nagtaas ako ng kilay. "Our room, Vance?"

"Yes, our room, Asia. Darating ang lola after a week and.. it would be questionable that we stay in separate rooms given the fact that we just got married?"

I sighed. "Babalik na ako ng Santiago bukas. I'll leave some of my things here, in your room. Iyon ang gagamitin ko sa araw na nandito ako. That won't draw suspicion."

"Okay, we'll stay here today and we'll go to Santiago tomorrow."

"We? Vance, ako lang ang babalik doon. Maiiwan ka rito. You have responsibilities that demand your attention."

Tumikhim siya. "Hinahabol ko na ang mga kailangan kong gawin ngayon. So we'll have the day after today. Magkasama tayong babalik ng Santiago," he said with an amused expression written on his face.

"Vance, I told you. Ako lang ang babalik. At.. at.. ano ang gagawin mo roon? Do you.. have any business there?"

"Masama bang malaman ang naging buhay ng napangasawa ko? In those years that..we were apart?"

"There's nothing that will catch your interest," I countered.

"Everything about you has my interest. Everything about the woman I married, of course."

I was lost of words but then I remembered.. kung maniniwala man ako sa tamis ng salita, siguro hindi sa manggagaling sa kan'ya. Vance had that power in him even when we were years younger. He still had that within him and I wouldn't have to ask the number of girls that he had fooled.

"Aakyat na ako sa silid. Magpapahinga at uuwi na ng Santiago kinabukasan mismo."

Subalit natigilan ako sa paghakbang sa paghawak niya sa braso ko. Agad akong napalingon dahil doon. And spare me because my body reacted immediately! Kahit kaagad naman niya iyong tinanggal. I maintained my composure and looked at him in the eye.

It's just him, Asia! Why are you overreacting.. Well, with the kind of.. intimacy that.. we had shared in Las Vegas, with the exemption of actual penetration, I would feel that way towards him.. and his touch.. and his breath near me.

Asia, you are losing your cool! I reprimanded myself. But it's not just me. And I thought that.. His eyes surely mirrored the way I looked at him too. And if we were to continue that – we wouldn't have the chance to subdue whatever transpired in Las Vegas, the day of our wedding.

I scoffed and tried my very best to raise intimidation towards him because his stares were so deliberately inviting. Hindi pa man siya nagsasalita.. o hindi pa man niya ako nahahawakan. It already felt like he's devouring me with his gaze. It's a shame that I feel the same way – without the confession and spoken admission.

He cleared his throat too. Animo ang paglunok niya ay kaakit-akit sa mga mata ko. And how he wet his lips. I watched them all discreetly – with my eyes void of emotions but with my body responding to every hint of him.

Asia, just stop it..

We were no longer at that age where we could feel the heat at its outburst – when we were nineteen and how we let it speak for us. We actually looked like two fools trapped at the staircase – no one among us knew whether to step forward or step back so we could.. touch.. the way we wanted to be touched.

"Nagbigay ng imbitasyon si Tata Nestor para sa ating dalawa, Asia. Ikakasal ang kan'yang dalaga bukas. May sayawan sa barangay plaza nila at.."

"Okay." I didn't even know if I said that out of courtesy or my willingness to attend but I was in a frenzied passion that I forgot and lost the words I wanted to say.