Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Leaving

 "Asia, sinabihan na kita, na nakakasama sa iyo ang lalakeng iyan? Pero anong ginawa mo? Huh? Nakipagbalikan ka pa rin sa kaniya? At sino ngayon ang masama at ang kerida sa mata ng mga tao? Ikaw!"

Because Vance went to the neighboring province that night and he hunted Bren Vivero, I was left with the bodyguards in the premises of our Bungalow Home. We thought that Angela eventually realized things but we should have known better than her faked silence.

"Ginawa na nila iyon noon at ginawa nila ulit.." In a TV outlet, she told the reporter that the cheating has been going on for years and she just remained silent because she didn't want to hurt both families. That the family values had been embedded in her that she didn't want to bring more family drama.

She was crying hysterically in one interview, "I'm sorry po. I'm just so hurt dahil future po namin ang pinag-uusapan dito. We are engaged and yet some.. random woman just came into the picture and wrecked what was supposed to be us. I'm just in pain right now.."

Nanghina ang tuhod ko. Na parang lahat ng nangyari noon ay bumabalik din sa akin.

I don't even know how to explain it to my son. Surely, he wouldn't understand it now. But in the future, walang hindi mahahalungkat. Walang hindi maitatago. And he'd suffer the mistakes his parents had committed. Iyon ang ayokong iparamdam sa anak ko. I'm tired of repeating the cycle. I wanted to break it. I wanted to protect my child from all these.

Social media posts were even attacking me. Nagsilabasan ang pictures ko noon.. Sa bar.. Sa club.. Kasama si Bren.. And all those pictures that connote a different story. Lahat ng pinakita sa akin ni Donya Rebecca noon, naroon iyon lahat.

If there's an easy way to ruin someone – that is through the internet, where people can easily access, give comments on things and destroy someone's reputation. It happens in a blink. In a snap, a name is ruined. And when it is ruined there, the debris is forever.

People don't actually check if everything that has been posted there is factual or authentic. They comment.. They invade.. They rule.. They control people's lives through their opinions that are only based on one narrative.

My career came crumbling in pieces. Ang mga taong nakakakilala sa akin, be it in the professional field, my mentors when I was still in high school and in college called me after the subsequent interviews. And I felt like I was condemned like my mother a decade ago.

Some of them believed in it. Some of them chose to see the image I had years ago.

"Of course, we are hurt for our daughter. No one deserves to be treated that way." The Mejias also had given a statement and they covered Angela Mejia like she couldn't make a decision on her own.

"Kasal na lang kasi ang kulang. We are good friends with the Viveros. We've been partners for decades and we have established a firm connection. We are already one family.."

"Is it true that Vance Vivero married another woman as he couldn't wait for your daughter? And given that what they had was a long engagement? Si Vance Vivero po ba ang hindi nakapaghintay sa anak niyo? Did you talk to the Viveros regarding this?"

Their families had agreed into marriage and it would be a shame to know that Vance married a woman not his equal and ditched the agreement between the Viveros and the Mejias. The public believed in the Mejia's narrative, pointing out that there was indeed a break-up that took place between Mejia's princess and Vivero's prince.

I was the receiving end. My mother's past, my background.. Everything that Asia had done in the past came in the present.

"Hindi ako naniniwala sa lahat ng sinasabi nila sa'yo, hija.." Yaya Yoli hugged me tightly. The world condemned me that night, but I had someone who believed in me, who had seen me in those moments where people didn't.