Chapter 50

Hello, everyone! Kung may nagbabasa man po nito, I just want to thank you for making it this far and being with me in this journey. It will take me time to finish the remaining two parts of the story. Nonetheless, I truly hope that you stay with us (together with my beloved VanSia) until the last page of their story. Thank you so much!

- Much love, Anna

Chapter 50

Treehouse

Mapagbiro ang oras, ang panahon, at ang sikumstanya. Some people believe that humans have the ultimate power to shape their own destiny. Our destiny is written continuously through the choices that we make. We are in control of ourselves, our mind, hearts and actions. But we cannot control the destiny of others, the mind, the heart and the action of others.

We are driven by our own principles in life. We are built. We are shaped to be life's greatest enemy as well.

Time is a foe and a friend. It is yearning and belonging. It is the clock.

As the wind blows, I can feel the leaves dancing in front of me. Ang malawak na bukirin.. And palasyo na nakatayo mula sa kalayuan.. The castle where the evil prince used to live. The castle that I used to see from where I stand.

The wind blows again. Tumingala ako sa langit. Ang kulay ay naghahalo-halo na sa aking paningin. Ang asul na sumisimbolo sa kalayaan. The blue that also signifies the ocean seas. The blues that speak of depth.

The color of green that signifies the forest's rich biodiversity. The untouched element that was hidden underneath. The brown color that signifies the Earth. The white giants of the North, namely the windmills that parade the horizon.

They stood free from nowhere. Isang malakas na buntong-hininga ang aking pinakawalan. The setting of the sun in the vastness of the horizon, I can see it from where I stand. I can see it everywhere but it was painful to watch as I could feel my heart being wretched to pieces.

Hindi na muling aahon ang araw mula sa paglubog nito. At hindi na muling masisinagan ang pusod ng gubat. The waterfall will lose its rhythm until the only thing constant in this forest is darkness.

"Thank you for giving me this life, President. I wouldn't trade it for the world." Kinarga niya ang baby sa kan'yang bisig.

Nanghihina pa rin ang katawan ko pero pinilit ko pa rin na hawakan ang kan'yang mukha sa pagkakataong iyon. I caressed his face as I stifled a voice.

I wanted to gain my strength through him. Dahil gusto kong panoorin kung paano siya magmahal sa buhay na pareho naming binuo. I wanted to watch the first step. Kung inaakala niya na siya lang ang nag-aasam n'on, I would love too. I wanted to see the tears of happiness in his eyes as we welcomed our new beginning.

We had a rough start. We had a rough journey.

"They said you met an accident, Vance. Akala ko tuluyan mo na kaming iniwan.. Akala ko.."

"Hindi iyon mangyayari.. Susunod at susunod ako sa'yo."

"Please come closer. Lumapit kayo ni baby, please? I wanna see our baby.."

I felt the coldness of my palm from what used to be warm. It's just the body. Fragments of reality that I couldn't easily decipher.

Then I woke up from my deep sleep. Nakita ko siyang nasa nursery room. He was decorating the room. Lumapit ako sa kan'ya at niyakap ang kan'yang baywang. I could feel his hand embracing my body in return.

"He's so beautiful. Our Little Vivero," he whispered softly.

I almost sobbed at the emotions I saw in his eyes. This is no longer the Vance that used to have undeniable anger in his eyes. This is no longer the Vance that used to have default anger.