CHAPTER 1

A huge city whom everyone calls Mumbai at present has buzzing traffic. A man in his early 20's was irritated due to the horns. He waited for the traffic to clear and stopped his car, parking it aside. He got a call and he answered it.

'Ha bol Dush..' He said.

'Kavin dekh tu jaha bhi hai.. Abhi ke abhi Bandra ke side jo dhobi ghat ke peeche ek sunsaan sa society hai na vaha pe jao.. Information mila hai ki Raghu ka gang vaha kuch karne wala hai..' Kavin agreed while Dush cut the call.

'Ise kehte hai kismat.. Thik vahi aake mere gaadi ko park kiya vo bhi anjaane mei.. Smart work Kavin..' Kavin praised himself.

He just walked a km in front searching whether Raghu gang members were there or not. He saw 2 men there, so he went near them and hid himself. Kavin was listening to their conversation.

'Sun Guddu.. Mai maal le aaya, mujhe paise de..' A man said.

'Dekh chotu tune usse shaadi ki tho tu vaapis use lene tho nahi aayega na..?' Guddu asked.

'Pagla gaye ho kya..? Us aurat se humne divorce papers pe sign bhi karwa liya.. Yeh dekh..' That man said.

'Thik hai.. Maal kidhar hai..?' Guddu asked.

'Vo rahi..' The man said pointing towards a girl.

'Is ladki ko dekh ke lag raha hai ki yeh kisi gaav se aayi hai..' Kavin thought.

'Chal phir apun chalta hai.. Achchhe se khyaal rakhna.. Aur jitna ho sake use kaam dena..' The man said and smiled evilly.

'Inki baatein sunke tho nahi lagta ki yeh Raghu ke gang ke hai..' Kavin thought.

Kavin heard Guddu speaking on the phone. Guddu was arranging men for that girl to have an erotic night. Kavin was mad but then he saw Raghu gang members and he went to catch them. He caught them, handed them to CID cops & came back.

He saw that no one was present there. That girl was waiting for someone. Kavin went near that girl to alert her but then she said..

'Aap unke dost hai..?' She asked.

'Haa..?' Kavin said but she thought that Kavin is her husband's friend.

'Tho chale..?' She asked.

'Agar sach bataunga abhi tho dar jaayegi.. Pehle inhe safe jagah le jaata hu..' Kavin thought and then he turned towards her.

'Ha chaliye..' He said, drove and made sure that no one followed them.

Kavin and the girl went inside his house.

'Aapka ghar bahut achchha hai..' She said after looking at the house.

'Thanks..' He said.

'Achchha aap yahi rahiye.. Mai bureau jaake aata hu..' Kavin said.

'Aur haa.. Darwaza mat kholiye ga.. Mai door bell bajau nga aur darwaze pe knock karunga tab aap darwaza kholiye ga..' Kavin said looking at her making sure she understood what he said.

'Jee..?' She said. It was so clear that she didn't get what he said.

'Darwaza tab kholiye jab mai ghanti bajau nga 3 baar aur darwaze pe khatkataunga..' Kavin said while she agreed.

Kavin left for the bureau and then they did investigation and file work. All tired, he came home late night totally forgetting about the girl. When he came home, he saw that she was waiting for someone even though he came inside. He understood that she was looking for her husband.

'Aap kiski raah dekh rahe hai..?' Kavin asked.

'Vo.. Vo abhi tak nahi aaye..' She said.

'Kaun..?' Kavin asked.

'Mere suhaag..' She said.

'Vo actually unhone tumhe brothel mei..' Kavin stopped while she looked at him.

'Haa..???!!!' She waited for him to tell.

'Yeh apne pati ke baare mei kuch nahi jaanti.. Upar se iske mom dad bhi tho..' Kavin thought and then he said..

'Vo shehar se bahar gaya kaam ke talaash mei..' Kavin said.

'Aapko pata hai vo kab aayenge..?' She asked.

'Usne kaha jab tak use ek naukari nahi mil jaata tab tak vo shehar nahi aayega..' Kavin said while she seemed to be somewhat upset.

Kavin went upstairs to his room. He took a bath, wore his night dress and laid on the bed. He remembered what Guddu and that man talked.

The man married that girl and then on their first night, he made her sign (fingerprint) their divorce papers as she didn't even know what is written on those papers. The next day they came to Mumbai and her husband sold her off into a brothel in order to get some money. All this was planned by the girl's parents as they feel that their daughter is a burden for them.

'Kamal hai aise log aur unki soch.. Ladki ko boj maante hai aur usi lakdi ke izzat ko bechkar paise kamana chahte hai.. Aur pati.. Jisne shaadi jaise pavitra bandan ko tod ke pati ke shabdh pe hi daag laga diya.. Aise logon ki wajah se hi tho samajh mei atyachaar ho rahe hai auraton pe..' Kavin thought.

'Bechari.. Agar use sach pata chalega tho vo jeete jee mar jaayegi..' Kavin thought.

'Kya karu mai..? Agar vo akeli rahegi tho uske pati se use khatra ho sakta hai.. Ek kaam karta hu use yahi rehne deta hu jab tak uska pati pakda nahi jaata..' Kavin thought.

The next day, Kavin went downstairs after getting freshened up. He saw that she was already ready and she also prepared breakfast for him.

'Naasta mere liye hai..?' Kavin asked while she said yes.

'Vaise aapka naam kya hai..?' He asked.

'Mujhe sab Pari bulate hai..' She said.

'Pari.. Achchha naam hai..' He said with a smile.

'Jee.. Dhanyawaad..' She said.

Kavin did his breakfast and left for the bureau. He then remembered her tasty breakfast.

'Taras tho bahut aata hai Pari pe..' Kavin thought.

Like this few months passed by. In these few months, Kavin started to have feelings for her. She made him breakfast, lunch, dinner daily. He used to enjoy the food she made. They didn't talk often but still Kavin fell in love with her in these few months without knowing that she made him fall in love.