CHAPTER 2

The next day when Kavin came from the bureau (when Pari just came to Kavin's house), Kavin was shocked to see his room neat and tidy with all the things placed properly.

She came to call him for dinner when she said looking at his shocked face, 'vo maine hi saaf kiya tha.. Mai ghar mei akeli thi aur kaam bhi nahi tha tho socha..' She said.

'Thank you saaf karne ke liye..' He said.

'Thank you..?' She questioned.

'Dhanyawaad..' He said as he understood that she doesn't understand English as she came from a village and she never studied.

'Vo khaana..' She stopped.

Kavin saw her and understood why she stopped talking all of a sudden.

'Ghabraiye mat.. Mai CID.. Mera matlab ki mai police mei kaam karta hu..' Kavin said while she looked at him.

'Jee..' She said.

'Vo khaana laga diya maine..' She said.

'Ha.. Aap jaaiye mai bas muh dhoke aata hu..' He said and then both had their dinner and went to their own rooms.

'Yaar khaana itna tasty kyun hai..? Mai tho apne ungliyan bhi chaat jaata hu..' Kavin thought.

'Lagta hai mera dil sabse pehle is khaane ki wajah se hi Pari ki aor attract hua hai..' Kavin said.

'Kehte bhi tho hai ki pet (stomach) ke raaste se dil jeeta jaata hai..' He thought and looked at the ceiling in his room.

'Pari se mujhe pyaar ho gaya hai..' Kavin said to himself agreeing to the fact that he fell for her.

'Par kya Pari ko jab sach pata chalega tho vo mujhe accept karegi..?' Kavin thought sighing heavily.

'Mujhe chance dena choda kya vo shaadi pe viswaas bhi karegi..?' Kavin thought.

'Kavin kavin.. So jao.. Yeh sab soch ke abhi sar mei dard hi hoga..' He said to himself and drifted into sleep.

He tried many different ways of telling her but everytime she said something before he can say a word and he lost the courage to tell the truth as she was happy at that time and then he didn't wanted her to be sad. So he remained quiet.

Like this 3 years passed by and one day, Kavin returned home in the evening. He saw that his mom was there along with another girl. But when he looked here and there, he didn't find Pari.

'Pari kaha jaa sakti hai..?' Kavin thought.

'Kahi mom ne tho..?' Kavin thought.

'Kavin, yeh meri dost ki beti Maira hai..' Kavin's mom said.

' Kavin's mom said

MAIRA

'Hi Kavin..' Maira said with a smile.

'Hi Maira..' Kavin said.

'Mom.. Aapne us ladki ko dekha kya..?' Kavin asked.

'Kaun..? Ahh..!!! Tumhara tenant Purvi..? Ha vo keh ke gayi ki uska padai khatam ho gaya aur ab vo vaapis jaa rahi hai..' Kavin's mom said.

'Tenant..? Vaapis kaha..?' Kavin asked.

'Keh rahi thi ki ab use apne liye job dhundh na hai..' Kavin's mom said.

'Job..??!!!!!' Kavin was surprised.

'Mom mujhe bureau mei kaam hai tho mai chalta hu..' He said and left from there. He went to a deserted area and sat inside his car.

'Ek ladki jise kuch padhna nahi aata vo bhala apne liye ek job dhundhegi..? Kaise..?' Kavin thought.

'Aur kiraydaar..? Kab se mera kiraydaar hai vo..?' Kavin thought.

'Vaise vo gayi kaha hogi..? Agar vo apne pati se milegi tho vo apne pati ke paas jaayegi aur uski jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai..' Kavin thought.

'Use dhundhna hoga..' Kavin thought and was searching for her in those areas where ever she can go.

Kavin looked till late night but didn't find her anywhere. He came back home and laid on the bed without having dinner.

'I just hope ki tum kahi pe safe ho..' He thought.

The next day a case was reported and then they left to solve the case. They got information that the culprits were in a forest, so Kavin along with Dushyant, Pankaj, Divya, Ishita left to the forest. The cops wanted to catch them so they started firing. But Kavin got shot by a bullet.

He tried to follow them but he was badly wounded that he fell unconscious. CID cops rushed him to hospital. The doctor checked on him and came out.

'Dekhiye unka haalat abhi bahut serious hai.. Goli seede dil ke paas lagi hai.. Surgery karna padega aur hum jaani maani surgeon ko bulayenge tho aap pls paison ka intezam kar lijiyega..' Dr said and left to his cabin.

After 2 hours, a team went inside and wore the surgeon's dress. They talked with each other and called someone.

'Mam aap pls jaldi aa jaaiye.. Yaha sab tayaar hai.. Patient ka haalat bahut serious hota jaa raha hai..' One of the surgeons spoke.

'Ha mai aa rahi hu..' She said.

After sometime, a lady went inside and the surgery started. Everyone prayed for Kavin's recovery.

The operation was going on and before Kavin can get unconscious due to anesthesia, he saw the lady dr's eyes but his vision wasn't so clear.

'Pari..' He blabbered and drifted into deep sleep.

After the surgery, when Kavin opened his eyes, he saw a surgeon was checking his condition on the machine. She was busy noting down something. She turned to leave when Kavin said..

'Dr.. Mere dil mei bahut dard ho raha hai.. Ahhh..!!!!' He said waking up.

The lady doctor made him to lay down on the bed. She opened his shirt and checked his condition by pressing the areas near the heart.

'Ahhh..!!!!' Kavin shouted while she removed her hand.

'These are some medicines I'm prescribing.. You should take them..' She said.

'Dr..' Kavin said holding her hand while she looked at him.

'Kya aap mujhe apna pen de sakte hai..?' He asked while she gave the pen. Kavin purposely dropped the pen while she bent down to pick the pen up. She was getting up when Kavin removed her mask.

'Tum...??!!!!!' Kavin said with a shock.

'Tum surgeon kaise ban gayi Pari..?' Kavin asked.

She covered her face and turned towards the other side.

'Mai aati hu dusre patients ko bhi dekhna hai..' She said running away from there while Kavin was still in shock.