CHAPTER 44

'Koi baat nahi.. Aaram karo..' Kavin said and he laid her on the bed properly. She held his hand and asked him to stay with her.

Kavin signalled the doctor to inform the cops. The doctor went out and informed the cops. Kavin caressed her hair and she drifted into sleep.

Dushyant came after sometime and gave Kavin a paper. It was Purvi's discharge paper. He signed them and he slowly took her to their house.

When she opened her eyes, she was all alone in the room. Kavin was downstairs preparing lunch for her. Saanjh and Rohan were helping Kavin. Piya was worried for Purvi, so  she came to check on Purvi. Purvi was standing on the balcony.

'Mummy..' Piya called while Purvi halted.

Kavin, Saanjh and Rohan came upstairs with lunch.

'Purvi.. Bahar kya kar rahi ho..?' Kavin went near her and he came inside along with her closing the door.

'Chalo kuch kha lo..' Kavin helped her to sit on the bed and then she saw the kids. She held his hand and she was worried, so Kavin asked the kids to wait outside and they went out.

'Chalo muh kholo.. Mai khud tum khilata hu..' Kavin said and forwarded a bite. She looked at that bite and she nodded in no.

'Khao tho sahi.. Khaane ke baad tumhe dawai bhi lena hai..' Kavin said and he signalled her to eat.

She completed the food as he fed her. He then gave her medicine and she slept. Kavin took care of her for almost a month. She was feeling better with his care. She is sleeping while Kavin is staring at her currently.

'Purvi badal gayi hai.. Kisi se milna ko uska mann nahi karta.. Na zyada baat karti hai, na hasti hai, na hi bahar jaati hai, sirf chup rehti hai.. Agar use bahar jaana bhi hai tho bhi mere bina kahi nahi jaati..' Kavin thought looking at her.

'Kya hua hoga us raat..? Purvi ne Sanjana ka naam liya bas.. Us din ke baad agar Purvi ko kabhi vo haadsa yaad bhi dilaya tho vo kaamp jaati hai.. Use achanak daure padte hai, isliye humne investigation rok diya..' Kavin sighed thinking. Just then his phone rang and he picked it up.

'Kavin kal tumhe Kerala jaana hai ek case ke silsile mei.. Baaki saare officers bhi case mei busy hai isliye..' Daya said.

'Thik hai sir, mai kal Kerela ke liye nikalta hu..' Kavin said but when he turned towards Purvi she turned her face making him aware that she doesn't want him to go.

'Mai jaanta hu ki tum nahi chahti ho ki mai kal Kerala jau.. Lekin PURVI mere paas aur koi raasta nahi hai.. Saare cid officers yaha mumbai ke case mei busy hai.. 2 din ki baat hai mai jaldi laut ke aa jaaunga..' He said and hugged her. She just nodded her head in yes.

Kavin smiled and then he hugged her more tightly and then they slept. Kavin went to Kerala after asking his mother to take care of Purvi in his absence.

After 2 days when he returned from Kerala, he saw Saanjh and Rohan were doing their hw silently. Piya was also doing her work. Kavin's mom was busy in kitchen. No one was talking with eachother and everyone was busy with their own work.

'Yeh sach mei mera ghar hai..? Kam se kam pehle Saanjh aur Rohan tho baat karte the.. In dono ko kya hua ab..?' Kavin thought.

'Saanjh, Rohan, Piya..' Kavin called them with a smile entering inside. The trio kids saw him and then they got up and went to their rooms.

'Maa.. In logon ko..' Kavin asked but then she also left to her room silently.

'In sab ko hua kya hai..?' Kavin thought and went near his kids.

'Kya hua aap log papa se naraaz ho..?' Kavin asked. They kept quiet.

'Saanjh.. *quite* Piya.. *quite* Rohan..' Kavin looked with some hope.

'Mai batata hu..' Finally Rohan spoke but Saanjh signalled him to not speak a word.

'Batao Rohan kya hua hai..?' Kavin asked. Rohan looked at Saanjh and Piya. Kavin looked at them. Rohan turned to other side and the girls looked at the door. Kavin looked at Rohan and then towards the door. He saw Purvi  and his mother waiting for him to come out after talking to kids.

'Purvi.. Tum neeche kab aayi..?' Kavin asked and went near her. He knew something was fishy but first he wanted to confirm Purvi is fine.

'Purvi kuch khaane ke liye laaogi.. Mujhe bhuk lag rahi hai..' Kavin said while she went to kitchen to make some thing for him to eat.

'Rohan tum ro kyun rahe ho..?' Kavin asked when he saw Purvi was in kitchen.

'Kuch nahi papa.. Aaj school mei ladai hua tha na kuch bachchon ka isliye hum thode disturbed hai..' Piya said.

'Ha papa..' Saanjh also agreed.

'Hmm.. Thik hai ladaai bhul jao aur padaai pe dhyaan do.. Hmm..' Kavin hugged his kids and asked them to study. He then went to his room to take a shower.

'Nahi nahi.. Zaroor kuch na kuch tho hua hai.. Saanjh aur Piya ek baat pe kabhi tikte nahi chahe vo sach ho ya jhoot.. Aaj aisa kya hua ki na vo log ek dusre se baat kar rahe hai.. Maan leta hu ki school mei kuch hua, tho maa unhe samjhati, na ki khud is tarah shaant hoti.. I'm sure ki ghar mei kuch hua hai..' Kavin thought washing his hair.

'Ek min.. Purvi khud chal ke neeche aayi aur tho aur vo khaana bana rahi hai mere liye..? Aaj mere ghar ka suraj paschim se nikla kya..? Sab itne strange tarike se behave kar rahe hai..' Kavin thought.

Kavin got freshened up and he came outside. He was about to come downstairs when he heard Rohan saying, 'agar aapne mujhe nahi roka hota na tho mai papa ko saara sach bata deta..'

Kavin tried to hear the conversation between them but Purvi looked at him and he had to come downstairs.