CHAPTER 53

'Aarav ko forensic lab bhejo..' Kavin said.

'Lekin yeh suicide..' Abhijeet asked.

'Nahi sir.. Agar Aarav mujhe sach batane ke liye aaya tha tho vo zaroor mujhe sach batata.. Is tarah suicide kar ke marta nahi..' Kavin said, Aarav was sent to the forensic lab for examination.

Kavin got a call from Ishita. So he answered it.

'Kavin sir, Dushyant ko hosh aaya hai..' Ishita said.

'Ha mai aa raha hu..' Kavin said.

Kavin went to meet Dushyant and Dushyant smiled at him weakly.

'Has rahe ho..? Pata bhi hai ki hum yaha kitna dar gaye the..?' Kavin asked.

'Sorry..' Dushyant said in his weak tone.

'So--sorry..?' Kavin said.

'Ishita kitna ro rahi thi kuch pata bhi hai tumhe..?' Kavin asked but then he realised how much Purvi had cried because of him.

'Kavin.. Purvi.. Vo thik hai na..?' Dushyant asked.

'Ha.. Vo th--thik hai.. Hamesha ki tarah chup hai..' Kavin said.

'Agar ho sake tho use kaho na ki mai usse milna chahta hu..' Dushyant said.

'Tu pehle thik ho jao.. Vo tumse milne aayegi..' Kavin said.

'Hmm..' He said and he held Ishita's hand.

'Paani dona.. Pyaas lagi hai..' Dushyant said and Ishita gave him some water. Dushyant sat with Kavin's help and then he made Ishita drink that water. Kavin smiled.

'Pyaas tujhe lagi hai aur tu Ishita ko paani pila raha hai..?' Kavin asked.

'Mujhe pyaas nahi lagi thi.. Vo madam ro rahi thi tho zaahir si baat hai ki usne paani bhi nahi peeya hoga..' Dushyant said. Ishita looked at him while Dushyant signalled Kavin to give them some privacy. Kavin came out.

'Mujhe tho phir Purvi ko paani pilate rehna hoga..' Kavin smiled with pain and was thinking of a way to apologize her. Kavin wiped his tear and left for the bureau.

'Purvi.. Andar hai na..?' Kavin asked.

'Nahi vo thodi der pehle hi nikal gayi..' Daya said.

Kavin called his mother and asked if Purvi came home but his mother told him that she didn't came home. He cut the call.

'Purvi kaha jaa sakti hai..?' Kavin thought and then he started his car and went to farmhouse.

'Purvi.. Tum.. Tum andar ho..?' Kavin asked but there was no reply. So he took his phone out but stopped as he didn't had the courage to call her.

Kavin sat on the sofa and kept thinking about where she could be at this hour. He felt as if someone was coming downstairs, so he looked at the person.

'Purvi..' He said.

'Hmm..?' She looked at him.

'Tum.. Tum yaha.. I mean.. Tum.. Tum gh--ghar..' He said.

'MERA KOI GHAR NAHI HAI' KAVIN REMEMBERED HER WORDS.

'Vo mai yaha apna samaan lene aayi hu..' She said.

'Gh--ghar chalte hai..' He said and came out.

'Mai Purvi se nazar nahi mila paa raha hu..' He thought.

'Kavin.. Gaadi..' She said. He went and sat in the car and started the car. She didn't sat, so he looked at her.

'Ahh..!! Samaan.. Sorry..' He said and kept the luggage in car trunk. He then sat in the car along with her. He was driving silently. She held his hand and noticed that his hands were full of sweat and he is somewhat absent minded.

'Kavin..' She called but he was busy thinking how much she have cried all alone, not celebrating any festival with her friends and family.

'Agar maine use sach bataya hota tho vo kam se kam apne family se ladti, kam se kam use apne family ke saath time spend karne ka mauka tho milta..' Kavin thought.

'Kavin..' She shouted and turned the car aside.

'Aapka dhyaan kaha hai..?' She asked.

'Vo mai..' He said but he was still speechless. She hugged him and patted his back. Kavin has tears as it was the thing he should have done years back.

'Sab thik ho jaayega Kavin..' She said.

'Kaise Purvi kaise..?' He thought. She ruffled his hair a bit and asked him to drive if he was feeling better than before. He started the car and they went to their home.

Saanjh, Rohan hugged their mother and Kavin was just staring at them.

'Mummy aap thik ho..?' Rohan asked while she said yes.

'Achcha, mai fresh hoke aati hu.. Maa, mai aake khaana bana dungi..' Purvi said and went upstairs.

'Maa..?' Kavin's mother was surprised.

Kavin went upstairs and held her hand when they both reached their room. She looked at him and he just pulled her into a hug and caressed her hair.

'I promise jaan, maine tumhe jitna rulaya na utna hi khush rakhunga..' Kavin thought and he hugged her tightly.

'Kya hua Kavin..? Aapki tabiyat thik hai na..?' She asked.

'Thodi der... Bas thodi der aisi hi raho..' Kavin said.

'Reh tho leti.. Lekin bachche intezaar kar rahe hai kuch khaane ke liye..' She said.

'Bas 2 min..' He said and broke the hug after few mins. She got freshened up and started cooking. She served dinner and everyone ate.

She was in kitchen washing the dishes. Kavin stared at her from a distance and kept thinking how to make her happy. He sat on the sofa pretending to watch tv. She handed him an apple. He looked at her.

'Aise mat dekhiye.. Aapne thik se khaaya nahi.. Shayad aaj maine khaana achchha nahi banaya hai.. Kitne saal pehle banaya tha maine khaana is ghar mei..? 10 saal.. 13 saal..?' She was thinking while he simply took the apple.

She looked at the television and smiled all of a sudden.

'Has kyun rahi ho..?' He asked.

'Kisi ne sahi kaha.. Sang ka asar bahut jaldi lagta hai.. Pehle mai aapko silent treatment deti thi aur ab aap mujhe de rahe hai..' She said with a smile. He laid in her lap and held her hand. She ruffled his hair.

'Mat karo Purvi..' He said and he seemed to be pretty upset.

'Vaise aapko bedroom sona chahiye varna yaha sofe pe soyenge tho aapka kamar akad jaayega..' She said. Kavin went to the bedroom and laid in her lap again crying silently making sure that she doesn't notice his tears.