CHAPTER 20

After having breakfast, Kavin left to the bureau. He was busy working for the whole day and Purvi was busy cleaning the house. Kavin's mom went to the temple to listen to speech.

At evening Kavin received a call from an unknown number and before he can speak to the caller, the phone got switched off.

After sometime, an old man came running and he fell unconscious. His face was bleeding and when Kavin saw his face, he was shocked.

'Papa..?' He said and tried to wake him up.

KAVIN'S DAD (PIYUSH)

Kavin has tears in his eyes after seeing his dad after so many years. Dushyant calmed him down and then Kavin took his dad to hospital.

Dushyant informed Purvi that Kavin's father is in hospital so Kavin will not be able to come that night. Kavin was with his father at that time.

The next day also same thing happened. But this time, Kavin's mother soon ran towards the hospital when she got the news about her husband. A week passed like this, Kavin along with his mother took care of Kavin's father. Purvi never visited the hospital in that week.

Kavin's parents were inside the room where Piyush was kept. Kavin was outside the room.

'Purvi papa se milne hospital kyun nahi aayi..?' Kavin thought and then he called her but she didn't lifted his phone. His mother called him, so he asked Dushyant to keep calling her.

Kavin came out after sometime and Dushyant said that she isn't lifting his calls.

'Shayad hospital mei ho..' Kavin said and then he went to his home informing Dushyant.

Kavin was driving and then he stopped at a signal.

'Shayad kisi kaam se gayi ho aur vaha phone uthana allowed nahi ho..' Kavin thought and then he started his car. He came to his home and then he saw that his house was locked. He went inside using the other key.

'Jaan, jab free ho tab call kar dena..' Kavin messaged her.

After waiting for sometime in the home for her, Kavin again went to the hospital. The next day at night, Piyush got discharged, so Kavin along with his parents and CID team came to his house.

Kavin halted seeing Purvi in a white saree, that too without vermillion and sticker (bindi) on her forehead. She didn't wear her wedding chain (mangalsutra) too. He even noticed her hand where the ring he made her wore on their engagement was also not there.

'Yeh kya kar rahi ho tum..? Kavin ke jeete jee tum vidva ki tarah tayaar kyun hui..? Jao jaake sindoor aur mangalsutra pehno.. Pata hai na tumhe ki mangalsutra aur sindoor bina pati ko khatra ho sakta hai..' Kavin's mother said to Purvi.

Kavin went inside and he brought vermillion box. He went near her and was about to put vermillion on her head when she moved backwards. He looked into her eyes.

'Nafrat.. Purvi ke aankhon mei nafrat hai.. Lekin kyun..?' Kavin thought.

'Purvi..' He tried to hold her hand but then she lighted a matchstick and dropped it in front. Kavin saw their photos burning (which they took post their marriage).

'Yeh kaisa mazaak hai Purvi..?' Kavin asked.

'Yeh mazaak nahi sach hai.. Aur behtar hoga ki ab se aap mere peeche na aaye..' And that's when Kavin saw a suitcase behind her. He stopped her.

'Kya hua hai..? Aisa kya hua ki tum mujhse nafrat kar rahi ho..? Mujhe jeete jee.. Jeete jee.. is tarah..' Kavin said.

'Mere liye mera pati kab ka mar chuka hai..' She said and left from there while Kavin and everyone was shocked.

Even the neighbours were shocked

Even the neighbours were shocked. They all started talking.

'Hey bhagwaan.. Kaisi ladki hai yeh.. Bhagwaan kare aisi ladki kisi ko bhi na mile biwi ya bahu ki tarah.. Isne tho apne pati ke jeete jee sugaah ke saare nishaaniya mita diya.. Vidva ban ke ghum rahi hai..' Neighbours kept talking.

Kavin went inside his room and locked himself.

'Kyun Purvi kyun..? Aisa kya kiya maine jo tumhare aankhon mei mere liye nafrat hai.. Mujhe tumne jeete jee hi maar diya..' Kavin thought letting his tear flow down his cheek.

'Vo hamari bahu hai..?' Piyush shouted while Kavin also heard.

'Mera beta abhi zinda hai..' He shouted.

'Piyush pls.. Pls aap baitiye.. Mai samajhti hu is waqt aapko bahut gussa aa raha hai.. Lekin pls calm down.. Aapki tabiyat bigad gaya tho mai Kavin ko akele sambhaal nahi paaungi..' She said.

Kavin looked at himself in the mirror. He came to balcony and saw that all their pictures got burnt.

'Kya yeh hamara pyaar ka kabr hai..?' He thought. He smiled feebly.

'Pyaar nahi raha tho pati nahi raha.. Ab se mai sirf ek beta hu, ek dost hu, ek CID officer hu lekin is duniya se mera koi aur rishta nahi banega..' Kavin promised himself.

'Jis tarah tumne mujhe apne dil se nikal diya, usi tarah mai bhi tumhe apne dil se mita dunga..' Kavin thought and then he laid on the bed.

The next day, he behaved as if nothing happened and went to CID bureau. He didn't even worry about where she has gone.

'Purvi ne shayad yeh sab kisi majburi mei kiya ho..' This thought came to Kavin many times but he kept ignoring it because no women can do such things even though they are helpless.

Time passed by slowly and KAVIN kept hearing about what Purvi did to him from his neighbours. He didn't allow anyone to touch the ashes of their pictures. He believed that those ashes will remind him of what she did to him and what he should do to her.

Every second, her image kept looking at her with a smile and her smile hurts him so much that he want to cry. Every night when he slept alone, he felt lonely.

Slowly 8 years passed by and in those 8 years there was never a moment when he didn't remembered her. Every festival without her was incomplete for him. He missed her with every breath he took.