CHAPTER 3

'Mai koi sapna tho nahi dekh raha hu na..?' Kavin thought for a second. But then he saw a surgeon's mask, a pen and a notepad was there. So he realised that he wasn't dreaming.

'Matlab Pari sach mei hi surgeon hai.. Par kaise..?' Kavin thought.

Kavin tries to wake up but then he is stopped by Pari. He looked at her. She signalled him to lay down.

'Mai tumhari baat kyun sunu..?' He asks.

'Kyunki aap mere patient hai aur mai aapki Dr hu..' She said.

'Patient..? Doctor..? Yeh achanak se itni achchhi English kaha se seekh liya hai..?' He asked.

'Dekhiye Kavin sir, philhaal aap aaram kijiye.. Jab aap thik ho jaayenge tho hum baat karenge.. Abhi mai apna pen aur notepad le jaati hu..' She said.

'Thik hai..' He said and laid on the bed.

'Dr.. Zara aate jaate rahiyega yaha.. Mera abhi abhi operation hua hai.. Kahi personal problem ki wajah se bhaag mat jaaiye..' Kavin said closing his eyes.

'Mai apna farz bahut achchhe se jaanti hu..' Purvi said.

'Dr. Purvi.. Mai ghar jaa rahi hu.. Yeh rahe patients ke reports..' A doctor said, giving her the patient's report to Purvi. She left.

'Dr. Purvi..?' Kavin said while she looked at him.

'Mera asli naam Purvi hai Pari nahi..' She said and went outside making a sad face.

She sat in her cabin and stayed till late night there. Kavin woke up slowly and walked up to her cabin. He saw through a glass window that she was still sad.

'Yeh itni udaas kyun hai..?' Kavin thought.

'Jaake puch le..' Kavin turned back and saw Dushyant there.

'Dush tu yaha kya kar raha hai..?' Kavin asked.

'Tera khyaal rakhne aaya hu par tu tho khud kisi aur ka khyaal rakh raha hai..' Dushyant said teasing Kavin.

'Chup kar.. Chal mere kamre mei chalte hai..' Kavin said and both went to Kavin's room.

'Kaun hai vo..?' Dushyant asked while Kavin narrated how he met her, how she took his heart away and how he fell in love with her. Kavin even narrated about how she came in front of him suddenly being a surgeon.

'Tho jaldi thik ho jau aur seeda uske ghar jaa aur usse puch ki baat kya hai..?  Usne tumse jhoot kyun kaha..' Dushyant said.

'Ha vahi karne wala hu..' Kavin said.

After few days, Kavin got discharged and then he went to Purvi's house. He went to a window and peeped in a bit. He saw Purvi standing infront of an old couple, may be her parents.

The old man slapped Purvi being mad. He just turned to his wife and told her something. She looked at Purvi and then she went inside and brought a leather belt.

'Kahi Purvi ko maar tho nahi rahe yeh log..?' Kavin thought.

The old man held the belt in such a way and then he went near Purvi. He said something to Purvi and then the couple went inside. Purvi sat down on her knees and then she cried badly. Kavin's heart was melted in a minute seeing her crying like this.

After sometime, the couple came and they threw a suitcase beside her. Also her handbag which Kavin saw yesterday on her desk when he saw her in her cabin. The old man said something in anger and then Purvi looked at him in shock, tears flowing from her eyes.

The couple left while she stood up, took the suitcase and picked all the things that fell down and kept them into her purse. She slowly walked out of the house.

She walked to a godown and then she took a photograph and threw it aside folding it like a trash of paper. Kavin followed her and saw all this. She went to a silent place and sat there. She was crying her heart out. Kavin came back and saw that photograph.

 Kavin came back and saw that photograph

'Yeh..? Yeh tho Purvi ka husband hai na.. Iska picture yaha.. Kahi vo Purvi ke saas sasur tho nahi..? Unhe pata tak nahi ki unke bete ne kya khaand kiya aur vo log Purvi ko galat samajh rahe hai..?' Kavin thought.

'Ek min lekin Purvi tho surgeon hai.. Tho phir vo gaav ki ladki ban ke kyun aayi us sunsaan jagah pe..? Aur tho aur vo English jaante hue bhi... Mai bhi kya soch raha hu seeda jaake puchta hu..' Kavin thought and went near her.

He saw that Purvi was no where but then he saw that the water was having ripples (There was a small pond near that godown).

'Kahi vo khud tho nahi gayi..? Paani thoda gehra lag raha hai..' Kavin thought and jumped into that pond.

He looked for her everywhere in that pond didn't find her anywhere. He came out of the water and then he came infront of her. She was holding a big rock. She was about to throw it.

'Oyyyy..!!!!' He shouted while she was scared. She looked at him and dropped the rock in embarrassment.

'Aap hamesha galat time pe kyun aa jaate hai..?' She said being annoyed.

'Galat time..?' He was speechless while she looked at him.

'Aap bheeg kaise gaye..?' She asked.

'Mai paani mei khuda tumhe bachane ke liye..' He said while she laughed.

'Mujhe bachane ke liye..?' She asked.

'Ha.. Mujhe laga ghar mei jo hua uske baad tum apni jaan de dogi..' Kavin said.

'Mare mere dushman.. Mai kyun apna precious life ko daav pe lagau..?' She said.

'Aap kapde badal lijiye..' She said opening the suitcase.

'Mai ladkiyon ke kapde nahi pehenta..' He said while she turned towards him.

'Yeh ladkon ke hi kapde hai..' She said.

'Ghar se tumhe nikaala tha na..' Kavin said.

'Mujhe aur ghar se nikala..? Kiski mazaal jo mujhe ghar se nikale..?' Purvi asked.

'Tumhare mom dad ya phir tumhare saas sasur..' Kavin said while she looked at him while bursting into laughter.

'Sa--saas sasur..' She was still laughing.

'Meri shaadi nahi hua ab tak.. Yeh saas sasur kaha se aa gaye..? Aur tho aur is duniya mei mai bilkul akeli hu, mere mom dad mere paida hote hi is duniya se chal base..' She said stopping the laugh.

Kavin looked at her. She was laughing still. He was confused.

'Tho ghar mei jo maine dekha..' Kavin asked while she looked at him.