Chapter nineteen

Clarke and Bellamy pulled away from each other, out of the kiss, when the bamboo door opened.

There was a loud and startling clink noise of metal.

Something was dropped on the dirt floor near the door. Before Bellamy or Clarke even had the chance to stand up the door slammed shut.

Clarke and Bellamy exchanged a nervous look. They slowly stood up and very cautiously approached the door. Right in front of the door lay a metal try with a few items on top of it.

The items where edible, there was a large cup of water, a banana, an apple, a cluster of berries, and some sort of soup. Was it soup?

It looked to be soup, a mixture of carrots, potatoes, and more ingredients in a wooden bowl. Most likely, it was soup.

"Food?" Clarke looked up at Bellamy. "Do you think it's poisoned?"

"There's only one way to find out." Bellamy answered, as he reached for the banana.

Clarke quickly smacked his hand away. "Are you crazy?! What if it's poisoned?"

"Look, Clarke. If we don't eat, we'll starve to death. So poisoned or not poisoned, I'm gonna eat it." Bellamy said this in a bit of a duh tone.

Clarke sighed. He was right, and she knew it.

Clarke grabbed the apple, just as Bellamy grabbed the Banana.

"You first." Bellamy told her.

"Seriously? Wow."

"Well, if you eat it and die, I know it's poisoned."

Clarke rolled her eyes and brought that apple towards her mouth.

"Wait. Wait. Wait." Bellamy reached out and stopped her from taking a bite of the apple. "I was just kidding."

"Oh." Clarke was slightly embarrassed.

"What kind of a person would make the girl eat it first?" Bellamy laughed a short laugh, and then said seriously. "I'll go first."

Bellamy unpeeled the banana and brought it to his mouth, and took a bite.

He chewed it for a bit, and then swallowed. "Tastes fine, it tastes normal." Bellamy said, honestly. "I don't think it's poisoned."

"Well, I guess it's not." Clarke added. "Unless your lying to me, so I die."

Of course, she was joking.

"Oh, no. How did you find out about my mastery plan?" Bellamy laughed.

Clarke giggled and then took a big bite of the apple, and the minute she bite into it, she knew that it couldn't have been poisoned.

The apple was so juicy and ripe. It couldn't have been poisoned. If it was poisoned it would be more dry, bland, and tasteless.

"It's good." Clarke told Bellamy.

Bellamy smiled and then asked. "Want some water?" Bellamy pointed at the wooden crafted cup that was filled to the rim with water.

Without answering, Clarke reached for the cup. Clarke carefully brought it to her lips, not wanting to spill it. Clarke took several large sips of the water. The water was nice and cold, due to the cold temperature of the dug out.

Clarke held up the cup as she asked. "Want some?"

Bellamy nodded.

Clarke handed him the wooden cup, as she did so her hand brushed up against his. Sending an blush to Clarke's face, and a smile to Bellamy's.

Bellamy brought the cup to his mouth, and swallowed the water. The nice and cold water made his dry mouth moist, and it was rather soothing to his sore throat.

"Why are the grounder giving us so much?" Clarke asked as she looked down at the metal try.

"I have no idea. I'm just thankful that they did." Bellamy answered.

Author's Note: I hope that you all liked this chapter. It was really fun to write.

Answer the questions below. 👇🏻

Why are the grounders being so generous to Clarke and Bellamy?
How do Clarke and Bellamy feel about each other?
Is Octavia okay?
Where's Miller?
Where's Charlotte?

Let me know what you guys think.