Chapter fourty-seven

Lincoln was going to propose.

Octavia cried as she stared at the rings. She felt as if her heart was in her stomach. Octavia did her best to keep her cries hushed because she didn't want anyone to hear her.

She closed her hand keeping the rings in her palm. She looked up at a tree, trying to force herself not to cry. But, it didn't help. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and fell to the ground. They make small splashes on the ground, forming tiny mud circles.

Octavia wiped the tears off of her face, and began forcing herself not to cry.

Lincoln wouldn't want his. Octavia thought. He would want you to live your life. He would want you to be happy.

Octavia opened her hand and took one last glance at the two rings before she shoved her hands into her pockets placing the rings safely in her pockets. She wanted to keep them, not just to remember Lincoln, but because she knew what she would do with them. She was going to give them to someone that could truly use them. Someone who could get married to another, someone who was clearly I love even if he didn't know it. She knew exactly we that person was.
________

"It's taking her awhile." Raven began. "Do you think she's okay?"

"I'm sure she's fine." Bellamy told everyone, remembering what Clarke is told him.

Monty's eyebrows drew together at this. "You're being surprisingly calm. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything's great." Bellamy assured him.

"You're not the least bit worried about Octavia?" Jasper asked.

Before Bellamy had the chance to respond, Octavia began calling for everyone to return.

"I-I'm done!" She hollered. "You guys ca...n come back, now!"

Everyone exchanged glances before they turned to walk to Octavia.

Everyone walked back over to Octavia, when they caught a glance at her face her eyes were red and puffy, her noise was pink, and her face expression was blank. But, when she caught sight of everyone her expression changed to something a bit brighter, happier, and more cheerful.

"I'm done. I said my goodbyes." She announced. "You can burry him, now." Octavia said this directed at Bellamy, Wick, and Miller.

The three boys nodded and returned to where they were previously. The hole had been completely dug, and now they just had to bury Lincoln. The three lifted up Lincoln's body and then placed him into the hole that they had dug. Bellamy, Wick, and Miller all began to burry him a hand full of dirt at a time.