Chapter fourty-nine

Octavia had finished her speech, and the grave was done being filled with dirt. Everyone had already left the sight where Lincoln had been buried, and they had set up camp.

It was much pass mid-night, and everyone was settling down.

Monty and Jasper had set up not too far from each other, only a few feet away. Raven and Wick set themselves up by a tree. Miller had set himself up a spot by the fire. Clarke had assisted Charlotte in preparing herself her own bed, pretty close to where Monty and Jasper were sleeping. While Clarke walked over and plopped downs next to Bellamy by a tree.

Before Bellamy or Clarke had a change to speck, Octavia came over to Bellamy.

"I need to talk to you." Octavia eyed Clarke then looked back over at Bellamy and added. "Alone."

Clarke scrunched her eyebrows together, confused onto why Octavia wouldn't speak to Bellamy in her presence.

"You can talk in front of Clarke." Bellamy told her. "Can't you?"

Octavia scoffed. "I know that. I just want to talk to you..only you."

A minute of silence occurred before Clarke spoke up.

"It's fine. I'll go." Clarke stood up and walked away, back over to Charlotte, giving Octavia the time that she needed with Bellamy.

"Bell, when I was with Lincoln...after he died. Just me, when I was saying my goodbyes. I put my hands in his pocket...and - and I found something. I have no use for them, not, but you do. I want to give them to you." Octavia reached into her pocket, pulling out the rings. Octavia kept her hand closed so Bellamy couldn't see the items in her hand. "I've seen the way that you look at Clarke, and the way that she looks at you. I -"

"We're dating." Bellamy interrupted.

"You are?" Octavia asked, with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm sorry that I don't tell you sooner. I really like her, O." Bellamy confessed.

"This makes the gift ten times better." Octavia grabbed Bellamy's hand and opened it. She brought her hands on top of his, opening her hand, she gave Bellamy the rings.

When Octavia moved her hand away Bellamy looked down at his hand. Right in the palm of his hand were two rings.

"Rings?" Bellamy questioned. "Wait? Lincoln was going to propose?"

Octavia nodded her head as tears came to her eyes. "I - I just uh I just wanted someone to have them. Someone who would put them to
good use, and you and Clarke are just..." Octavia didn't even bother to finish her sentence. "I just want you to be happy, and Clarke clearly makes you happy."

"You want me to propose to Clarke?" Bellamy asked, shocked.

"Yes. No. Yes." Octavia paused as she gathered her thoughts. "Well, I want you to
Propose, but not now. You guys aren't really ready. Just save them, maybe you'll use them."

"Thank you, O." Bellamy muttered.

"No problem." Octavia's added. "Just put them to good use."

"I will." Bellamy answered.