Chapter thirty-two

Jasper had gotten Octavia to return to where camp had been set up and socialize everyone.

Octavia knew that she couldn't change anything, but she could embrace the love of others. But, the knowledge didn't stop the sad, hurt, and depressed feelings due to the death of the two most loved people in her life.

Octavia sat next to Lincoln by a warm fire. A thick red blanket was draped around them. She had thoughts and memories racing threw her head, and she couldn't stop them from occurring.

Octavia looked up at the stars, up to the heavens.

"Do you think they're up there?" Octavia questioned before giving it any thought.

"Who's where?" Lincoln questioned.

"Do you think that Bellamy and Clarke are in heaven?" Octavia asked.

"Well, I've never really given the thought to God, but I believe they were good people. So, yeah. I guess. I believe they're up in heaven, and one day you'll see them again."

Octavia sighed. "When my mom died I had this gut feeling that told me that my mom was in heaven, but with Bellamy and Clarke. I didn't get that feeling, in fact. Sometimes, I feel like they're out there in the world. Sometimes, I feel like they aren't even dead." Octavia continued. "Sometimes I feel like they're right in front of me and I just don't know it."

"Maybe they are." Lincoln told her.

"What?" Octavia questioned.

"Maybe they are right in front of you. Because, they're in heaven, watching you and keeping you safe." Lincoln told her, comfortingly.

"Yeah. I hope so." Octavia muttered.

"I love you." Lincoln whispered into Octavia's hair.

"I love you, too." Octavia replied with a forced smile.
_______

"We should set up camp." Bellamy told the two girls. "It's late."

With that Clarke, Bellamy, and Charlotte began to set up camp. But, there wasn't much to set up. The Grounders took all of the possessions of everyone, they took their packs witch had all of their supplies in it. They had nothing left.

Everyone laid down next to each other. Bellamy sat with his back propped up against a tree, with Clarke and Charlotte on both of his sides. Bellamy smiled at he looked over at the both of them. Their heads rested on each of Bellamy's shoulders.

"Good night, girls." Bellamy whispered softly.

"Good night, Bellamy." Clarke and Charlotte said in sync.

Author's Note:

When will Clarke and Bellamy see Octavia, again?

When will they see Miller?

When will they find the group?

Keep reading to find out.