Chapter fifty

Octavia couldn't handle the cold night all alone. She used to have Lincoln by her side. She used to have Lincoln to keep her warm...and now there was no one. She was all alone.

Sure she had the group, her best friend, Clarke, and her brother, Bellamy. But, it wasn't the same as having a lover, her's was Lincoln. Now she had no lover, no Lincoln. He was dead, Abe gone forever. Never to return. She couldn't get he thought that she would never see him again, that he was gone...for good out of her mind.

The worst feeling was that it was her fault. She couldn't shake the feeling. She couldn't the 1,000 different 'what if' thoughts.

What if we didn't go on that walk? What if I got stabbed, not Lincoln? What if we didn't come across Miller? What if Lincoln didn't die? What if I was able to stop his death? What if....What if....What if-

"Octavia?" A soft voice of Charlotte came. "A-Are you okay? Why aren't you asleep?"

"I can't sleep." She answered with a loud and dragged out sigh. "Not without Lincoln." She added.

Charlotte remained silent for a while, then finally she spoke up. "I'm sorry about that...about everything."

"Thanks." Octavia muttered.

"Don't thank me, you have nothing to thank me for." Charlotte told her.

"What do you mean?" Octavia questioned.

"Don't thank me for giving you sympathy...you need it." Charlotte told her.

"I don't need sympathy. What I need is Lincoln." Octavia confessed.

Charlotte, once again, was silent for a moment. "We all need something that we can't have."

Octavia brow scrunched together. "What do you need?"

Charlotte looked up at Octavia years eyed. "My parents."

With those two simple words Octavia felt her heart snap in two.

"My parents."

Octavia, too, had lost her parents...well, she never knew who her father was, but she knew her mother was floated. The worst fact was that her mother was floated because Octavia was alive.

"I lost my parents, too." Octavia told her.

This caught Charlotte's attention. "You did?"

Octavia slowly nodded. "I did."
___________
*in the morning*

Bellamy woke up to find Clarke passed out on his chest. He smiled, remaining still not wanting to wake her up.

Slowly, Bellamy brought his hand into his pocket, taking a glance at the two rings that Octavia had given him. He looked over at Clarke then back at the rings. He slipped the rings back into his pockets, not wanting Clarke to catch a glance at them.

Author's Note: Do you guys think Bellamy is going to propose?