5

JACE BROUGHT CLARY to the Institute. She was unconscious when she was brought as a demon got to her before Jace did. Kade and Alec were skeptical about her, thinking of all that could be wrong.

Unlike them, Isabelle was really excited to have a girl on the team. She had always been one to welcome others with open arms.

The two boys entered the room where Jace, Isabelle and Clary was, both in equal bad moods. Kade and Alec were closer in the sense that they would share everything with each other. For example, Kade knew of Alec's crush on Jace. Alec would often talk to him about it even though they both knew it was a shot in the dark.

"A mundane should not even be here," were the first things that left Alec's mouth as he walked in the room with Kade who leaned against the wall and looked at Clary who asked, "where is here exactly?"

Clary's eyes fell on Kade and she could not help but stare. He was one of the most good looking men she has ever seen. Kade was of the same height as Alec if not slightly taller. His hair were of a dark brown colour and his eyes were green. He had pink soft lips which matches perfectly well with his fair skinned complexity. Kade was wearing a black shirt with his sleeves rolled up which was showing his runes covered arm. His fingers were adorned with rings and there was a chain around his neck with some weird symbol which she had absolutely no idea what it meant. Clary snapped out of her stare as she looked at Alec who was also extremely good looking which made her think; is everyone here hot or what?

Isabelle caught her staring at Kade and cleared her throat as Jace said, "She's not a mundane, Alec." Jace sighed.

"How do you know that?"

"Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it." Jace responded, "Look, Isabelle, can you..." Isabelle stood up, allowing Jace to sit where she was previously sitting, "I'm Jace Wayland."

"I'm, uh—" Clary was cut off by Jace, "Clary Fray, we know who you are."

"Are we the only ones who find this unusual?" Kade questioned making Jace shake his head, "You two find everything unusual."

"I have to report this to the Clave."

"You know what? Dial it down a notch." Jace said to Alec as Isabelle spoke, "My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on."

"I love you, too. But this—" Alec was cut off by Jace, "Hey, you know what? Give me a minute. Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?"

"What is with you?" Alec asked, "Really, no, what is with him?"

"Infatuated at first sight," Kade commented earning a small glare from Jace who then looked at Izzy, wordlessly telling her to do something with his eyes.

"Walk with me, both of you." Isabelle said as she grabbed Alec's arm with a hand and Kade's with another and dragged them out of the room.

"I'll explain it to you." Isabelle spoke to Alec who was being paranoid, "We don't know this girl."

"There's no such thing as new Shadowhunters." Kade added earning a sigh from Isabelle, "there is now."

"You don't find that strange?" Alec questioned, raising his brows to which Izzy shrug, "What I find strange is that you're so upset. Maybe you're upset by the way Jace is looking at her. You know, you should be happy that Jace is interested in someone other than himself."

"It's not about that," Alec defended as Kade said, "you can't just expect us to trust someone like that. And she ruined the mission."

"What he said. We never found out who's buying the blood," Alec huffed, "that was our one job." He then walked away, leaving Isabelle and Kade behind.

"It was just a mission," Isabelle tried to assure Kade, "we'll get another chance to find out the answers. For now, this girl needs our help. Her mom's been taken. She has nobody at the moment. Can you try to sympathise? Please?"

After a moment of silence, he gave her a small groan, "I can try."

Izzy smiled, "thank you."

"Yeah— I'm gonna go train a bit. I'll see you later, yeah?" she only nodded in response. Kade flicked her forehead before walking away making her roll her eyes but smile nonetheless.