8

THE GANG RAN TO THE PANDEMONIUM, following Clary who just had another vision when she touched the necklace.

"Clary! Clary, stop!" Jace shouted, "Where are you going?"

"Two men, Circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot!" She exclaimed, "they're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!"

"No. She was just trying to help me." Clary muttered, touching the necklace again but she didn't feel her anymore, "Now, she's gone."

Simon touched Clary's shoulder in attempt to comfort her, "Clary, I'm sorry."

Clary shook her head, tears streaming down her face, "you don't understand. Dot's like my big sister."

"It's not safe here." Kade spoke, looking around cautiously, "we need to leave."

"Wait." Jace said to the guy who rolled his eyes and was about to say something when Isabelle grabbed his hand and gave him a look which told him to not say anything. He let out a loud sigh and stayed quiet only because he did not want her to let go of his hand.

"So, what now?" Clary asked, scoffing, "Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

"There's another option." Jace spoke up.

"Don't even—" Isabelle said at the same time as Alec did, "Absolutely not." While Kade added, "Fuck, no."

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace said firmly earning a scoff from Kade, "nobody is but it's not—" he was cut off by Clary, "—Who are the Silent Brothers?"

Jace looked at her, "They're Shadowhunters with superior powers."

"They possess the ability to recover memories." Kade said to which Alec add, "A process that can also kill you, so there's that."

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simin commented before Alec turned to Jace, "We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it."

"This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision." Jace said.

"As a matter of fact, it's our decision." Kade retorted, "she doesn't know anything so it's up to us."

"He's kinda right." Alec muttered in agreement as Isabelle sigh, "besides, you can't ask her to do this. She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared."

Clary shot them a look, "If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening," When she received no reply, she nodded, "that settles it."

"See? I told you she's one of us." Jace smirked at Alec and Kade who raise his brows, "oh, that was supposed to prove something?"

"Yes," Clary gritted her teeth as they began to walk away, "can you like, not be a dick for a second?"

"Fine." Kade pursed his lips, "there, one second. Done."

Clary rolled her eyes at him as Izzy wrapped her hand around one of his arm, shooting an apologetic look to the redhead before she dragged Kade with him to Simon's van with the others following.

**

In Simon's van, Izzy sat beside Kade, her head resting on his shoulder. He said nothing and stared in the front, feeling really uncomfortable in the small space.

Simon drove the van to a place under a bridge and then stopped it, allowing everyone to get out. The mundane looked around, feeling chills run down his spine, "yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all."

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Izzy chuckled making Simon look at him, "Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."

"All right," Kade cleared his throat, grabbing Izzy's hand as he dragged her away from Simon. "Let's check it out." Alec began following them after exchanging a sly look with Jace as they both stared at the two walking away for a few seconds then Jace turned to Clary and Simon, "wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe."

Clary and Simon stayed behind for a moment, doing as they were told.

"If something goes wrong... if something happens to them, that's on us." Alex asked Jace,"You know that, don't you?"

"Yeah. And you know exactly what'd happen if Valentine gets the Cup before we do." Jace replied, "she's lost everything, Alec. I know exactly what that feels like. And what's your problem with them, anyway? Your family always used to welcome strays."

"You were never a stray."

"The point is, nothing's changed." Jace looked at Izzy and Kade, "We're in this fight together. There's just... one more of us."

"Yeah?" Kade couldn't help but smirk at Jace, "you're so into that girl and you're making it obvious."

"Shh," Jace placed a hand on his lips before he playfully rolled his eyes and called the other two, "clary, come on, it's all clear." Jace said to which Clary look at her friend, "Let's go."

Clary and Jace were walking close to each other and were talking but the others didn't bother to listen. Izzy was walking beside Kade, not really paying attention as she enjoyed the fact that they were close.

"I can do this." Clary muttered to which Simon said, "Yeah, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything." He tried to walk towards her but Jace held him back, "All right, hold up."

"Surprise, surprise. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind... dead man." Simon sarcastically said making Isabelle laugh.

"You're not that funny." Kade said, annoyance clear in his tone, "but by all means, go ahead." Simon walked up to the door, "Of course, the second you walk in, you're dead."

"Problem is, now I don't trust you." Simon replied.

"He's not lying." Alec confirmed.

"Now." Isabelle corrected, "He was before."

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please..." Alec nodded towards the door.

"The Brothers creep me out. I'll mind the mundane." Isabelle said to which Jace reply, "Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy."

"Talk about sacrifice. I'm missing a financial analysis class." Simon muttered.

Alec pointed to Simon, "I can't be here anymore, so, Jace, I'm gonna mind the perimeter." He then walked away from the group while Kade said nothing to either Jace or Clary as he decided to scare the older lightwood.