35

RAPHAEL SENT A MESSAGE to Kade, asking him to meet him at the cemetery as he planned to get rid of Camille. He arrived just in time so find Jace placing Simon on the grass while Clary and Raphael stood and watched.

"So you're doing it," Kade spoke, making his presence known as he walked towards the group. Clary nodded and was about to say something when rustling caught their attention.

Jace grabbed his blade tightly as Camille made an appearance. The redhead snapped her head in her direction, anger in her voice, "what do you want?"

"I want my property back," Camille replied, her eyes on Simon's dead body.

"Simon is not your property." Clary seethed earning a smug look from the vampire, "if you’ll just hand him over, I’ll be on my way."

"You heard Clary." Jace gripped his blade tighter, "you’re not laying a hand on him."

"You should get going." Kade spoke, stepping beside Raphael making Camille's eyes widen slightly. "what the hell are you doing here?"

"Lower your rank, sweetheart. You've been breaking way too many rules. You've got to go." Kade shrugged simply making Camille clench her jaw, "you can't do that! These vampires owe me."  She then snapped with her fingers and a bunch of other vampires appeared.

"I’m glad you brought everyone here to witness your demise." Raphael said to Camille before saying to the other vampires, "Camille killed this mundane. Now, I have all the proof. She’s been breaking the Accords for too long now. He’s the evidence we need to show to the Clave. Kade is on my side, you go against me, you go against Kade thus against the Clave."

Camille gritted her teeth in pure frustration, "are you trying to overthrow me?"

"No, he already has." Kade nodded to the vampires who surrounded Camille, hissing at her.

"Don’t listen to them." Camille gulped, "Raphael doesn’t know the first thing about leading. You need me. I’ve given you everything you could want. All the riches. All the pleasures you could desire."

"By breaking the law," Raphael cut in, "which will only destroy us."

"We can fix this!" Camille exclaimed, "If we just get rid of the body, this mundane means nothing."

Clary walked towards Camille, "means nothing? Over my dead body." She then punched her in the face before walking away and the vampires surrounded their previous leader even closer.

"All right, new vampire leader." Kade turned to Raphael, "don't go around breaking any laws or I'll have to arrest you too."

"I would never," Raphael replied, his tone half-serious, half sarcastic.

"All right, since all this is fixed," Kade drawled out, turning to Jace, "I'm gonna get back to the institute. You should consider returning as well. Shit's been doing on."

"Like what?" The blonde questioned earning a sigh from Kade as he replied, "well, for starters, the Clave sent an envoy. They're taking temporal control of the institute." Just as he said that, his phone vibrated inside his pocket.

Jace raised his brows at him while he took his phone out and read the message that he received from the inquisitor again. "Scratch that, The Clave's taking full control of the institute."

"What?" Jace's eyes widened before he narrowed them at Kade's phone, "what, you and the inquisitor send each other text messages?"

"— yeah, she informs me of what's going on back there," Kade cut him off before he could continue speaking.

"What else do you guys talk about?" Jace asked out of curiosity. Kade shrugged in response, there was absolutely no way he was going to tell the blonde that him and the inquisitor would often talk about Isabelle.

Imogen was aware of Kade's relationship with the Lightwood and she actually supported him but recently, she's been unsure of her support considering all the things that was done in the Lightwood name.

"She's pissed that I haven't gone to meet her for weeks," Kade mumbled before Jace could question further, "oh fuck, I'm so dead when I go back there. Anyway, I'm gonna go back to the institute."

"Wait! Wait, before you go—" Jace placed a hand on Kade's shoulders, "— just confirm my suspicions here; are you and Izzy dating? Like finally?"

"Yeah, we are." Kade nodded, his lips curling up, "insane, isn't it?"

"And you couldn't have told me that earlier?" Jace asked, raising his brows at his friend who shook his head, "no, so many things came up. I didn't have the time to." He then glanced at Clary who was still staring at Simon's body, "don't let her do anything stupid— either of them. Okay?"

"Don't worry about them," Jace assured, "I'm here. Now off you go."