Family Ties

Rose: I hope you aren't looking forward to a warm reception when you come home... 🙄

I read from my cellphone as I reluctantly place the last of our things into the trunk of the car. Todays the day we are heading back and it's only three days before Bella's wedding.

Sophia: I know Bella and Edward were going to be upset. But if anyone has any issues, I'll let them know I wasn't ending my honeymoon early. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The last day or so Rose and I have been talking about just how ridiculous the timing of everything has been, and she agrees with me. Knowing that Bella could've waited, because she hadn't planned anything before we had set our date. It feels selfish and malicious and Rose tends to agree. I'm thankful for having Rose.

Rose: You're totally right. If anything Alice might have her panties in a twist, but that's only cuz she is planning this monstrosity and "needed all family present". Whatever..

Rose: This whole thing is a hot mess.

I chuckle slightly, like I said, Rose has agreed with me this entire time and it seems even Carlisle and Esme were concerned when it was announced so close together.

Sophia: With Bella, everything is a mess.

Jasper finally meets me outside, placing a kiss to my temple and I can feel his own anxiety vibrate off of him, and it's truly sad that going home is causing us such turmoil. It shouldn't be like this.

"I'm sorry Love. Wish I could guarantee it won't be messy when we get home..." I embrace him, attempting to soothe his worries while masking my own.

"It isn't just our fault. They need to take some blame too."

I've noticed in the last few days of us being here, Jasper becoming tense at the thought of going home and encountering the conflict that will occur; but also the strengthening of his conviction that we were not in the wrong here. We were simply just trying to enjoy the time we had planned together.

"Thankfully it seems we aren't the only ones to think that way." I mumble into his shoulder and this seems to calm him, even just slightly.

We finally separate and get into the car taking one last look at our haven knowing we will return soon. As Jasper drives, too quickly, back to Forks my worry begins to creep in, but only because I hope Dad isn't upset with me for not returning sooner...I feel like he would understand, but I also know he would do anything for Bella's "approval" and that's the only thing that could affect his reaction.

Sophia: Heading back, I feel like imma need a drink once I get there...🤣

Rose simply replies with a picture of her favorite wine and two glasses making me smile, thankful to have such a wonderful new sister. I never thought of her that way until now, but it perfectly describes our relationship and I realize this is what siblings should be like, not like what I have to deal with..

Jasper places a comforting hand on my leg making me turn and smile at him, which he returns before focusing back on the road. Looking at the surroundings, I don't think I'll ever get tired of this view and it'll be sad once the Cullen's have to leave this place, because I doubt they could find another place that can be gloomy yet so beautiful at the same time. Thankfully we would still come and visit my Dad and that in itself makes my heart happy. And of course our own private get away.