Discoveries

Sophia,
I wanted to apologize for my absence, and lack of communication, I realized I didn't have any way to contact you and our family had left on a camping trip, so I wasn't around to see you.
Would you let me make it up to you, by getting coffee with me?
I'll meet you tomorrow at 10,
Jasper

I stare at the elegant script of the letter, not exactly looking to hear from Jasper anytime soon, and am thoroughly surprised by his offer of coffee. I can't deny the flutter of different emotions swarming in my stomach and I can't pinpoint exactly how I feel about all this.

About him.

I don't realize I've been trying to figure Jasper out for such a long time, until Bella suddenly bursts through my bedroom door her eyes wide.

"Sophia, you won't believe what I just figured out. The Cullen's, they aren't who we think they are..." She plants herself on my bed, which is the most time she's spent in my room, talking so fast that I have a hard time keeping up.

"Slow down, Bella. What are you talking about?" Okay, I'll admit I'm kinda confused... Bella hasn't said two words in the last week to me, and now she wants to share some crazy discovery with me?

"I've been doing some research and I know it might sound crazy, but the Cullen's...they aren't human..."

"Now Bella, like you said, that sounds crazy—"

"I know Sophia, but hear me out." Bella readjusts herself, and lays a book and multiple printed papers on the bed between the two of us.

"It all started when Edward saved me from the van. He was on the opposite side of the parking lot like I had said at the hospital, then suddenly he was pushing me out of the way, placing two dents from his hands in the van's body."

"I swear, that's what happened. I didn't hit my head, I didn't—" Bella emphasizes, trying to prove her point, and I'm still not sure why she's telling me this, but it no doubt has to deal with the fact I asked for Jasper that one day.

"I believe you." I cut off her rambling, remembering how fast Carlisle moved to get to Jasper's side in his office.

"Y–You do?" Bella's eyes widen, obviously thinking I'd call her crazy.

"I was at the hospital, working with Dr. Cullen, when Jasper suddenly came through the door and froze. I thought it was crazy, but Dr. Cullen ran fast, too fast, to the door to excuse themselves. That's why I knew you weren't just making it up."

"Okay, but the speed is only one part of it. Look at this," She turns the book towards me, and shows the list of things she's correlated.

"Cold skin, beautiful, perfect features to draw people in, they are conveniently gone whenever the sun is out... I mean it makes sense." Bella shakes her head and I notice the truth and sincerity in my sister's dark eyes.

"It makes sense in the grand scheme of things, but it still sounds crazy, Bella. Vampires are things of myth, not our classmates, or bosses..." I trail off, not denying the small part of me that agrees with Bella after the things that I've witnessed first hand.

"But it all adds up, you can't deny that we've both witnessed the same things."

"Okay, but how are you going to prove it? You can't just—" Bella cuts me off before I can warn against talking to Edward about it...because that's not exactly something you should do..

"I'm going to talk to Edward about it." Bella says with conviction.

"Is that the best idea?" I question, knowing that will give immediate answers, but is it the smartest way to go about things?

"It's the only way we can know for sure. You should—"

"I'm not bringing it up with Jasper. At least not yet. I don't have proof that he's one, even if his brother and father are..."

He just asked me to get coffee, I don't want to seem like a lunatic during our second time getting together. Although I won't ignore the small tug in the back of my mind, where I know it's true, but I don't want to assume completely.

"If this is all true, why tell me?"

"Well, I knew you wouldn't think I was crazy, and you came looking for Jasper, that's why I thought you needed to know what I've found. So you know exactly what you're getting into."

Bella leaves shortly after that revelation, leaving me to deal with my thoughts, which are even more jumbled then they were before Bella decided to share her findings, and I'm now farther away from a solid answer. Deciding to follow the strange pull in my gut, I might as well meet Jasper and see where it goes from there...