Chapter 30

Another day another enemy

Hayleys POV
I woke up the next morning and expected to see Demi sleeping next to me but when I looked over she wasn't there. "Demi?" I called out. I threw the covers off me and sat up grabbing my phone. I scrolled through my messages and found one from Demi.

"Good morning Hunny. I didn't want 2 wake u, text me when ur awake and I'll come get u, ur friends r excited to see u xox"

I checked the time and it was 10:30am everyone would be in their first activity. I didn't want to bother Demi or join an activity half way through so I decided I'd wait here until they came back for morning tea. I needed to call Casey and Rebecca anyway.
I dialled their number, but no one picked up. I tried again, and again. That's weird.. why was no one answering?

I started to worry a bit about all the things that could have happened. What if Amanda found them and their back at the orphanage?! No no no this can't be happening. I panicked as I paced around the room and ran my hands through my hair. I took a deep breath, and headed out of Demi's room and down the hall to mine, I opened it just a crack to check no one was in there and once I was sure there wasn't, I stepped in and locked the door behind me. I wasn't avoiding anyone. I just.. needed to be alone. No one here understands, they all have families and people to go home to. I'm alone I have nothing. I stepped into the shower and leaned on the tiled wall. I slowly slid down until I was sitting and I nervously looked over at the razor that was still there. I picked it up and fiddled with it in my hands for a bit.

  Ring ring!

I got a fright I jumped and threw the razor down. It was just my phone. Rebecca and Casey!!
"Hello?!" I anxiously and excitedly said answering the phone with out even checking the caller ID
"Hayley! Your awake! You sound happy this morning. How are you?"
"Oh, it's just you Demi." I said disappointingly
There was a minute of silence before she answered.

"Just me? Who are you expecting a call from?"

"Oh. Uh, no. No one. I was just surprised. How did you get my number?" I asked

"Oh your friends gave it to me when you went missing"

"Okay.."

"Anyway, Im just calling to let you know that your therapist will be here in about an hour. So be ready"

I hung up the phone. I was annoyed. It's Saturday. Can't I just have a break!

Ring Ring!

It's Demi again. Decline!
I'll deal with her later. I just need some time to myself. I only had an hour. I picked the razor back up and held it in my hands. I stared at it and it felt like it was staring back at me. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I got distracted by a sound coming from outside my room.

"What's wrong with being confident" I heard a soft singing voice coming from the lounge. Huh? Who would that be? I ran over to the bedroom door quickly and pressed my ear against it, I could hear humming but couldn't work out who it was. I opened the door just enough to look down the hall to see who it was.
Kirra?!

What was she doing here during activities?
I walked over to her to see what she was doing. "Nice singing" I said smug. Catching her by surprise. "Geez! You scared me!" Kirra cried. I shrugged "why? What are you doing?" I asked. "None of your business, Why aren't you in activities?" She spat. Wow she had a nerve asking me. "I slept in" I said nonchalant "hmm" she turned her nose up and started to walk away. "Wait, what are you doing? We're not allowed in the Lobby with out supervision so how are you in here?" I asked. She looked at me and farrowed her eyebrows down at me. "I know we aren't, no one is accept you! There's always an exception for you. What's so special about you?!" She shouted, she was trying to intimidate me, but I wasn't scared of her and frankly. I didn't care what she or anyone else thought. I just looked up at her stupid angry face, I examined her facial expressions and honestly, I feel sorry for her, I can tell there's a emptiness inside her.  I opened my mouth to respond, when I noticed something in her hand, I stared at it. Kirra noticed my gaze and quickly hid it behind her back. "What was that?" I asked "what was what?" "Don't be dumb, what are you hiding?" I raised my voice.
"Nothing it's none of your business!" She shouted. We both stared at each other neither of us knowing what to do next but trying to intimidate each other. 
"Give it to me!" I shouted jumping on her. She screamed as she fell to the floor and I landed on top of her, "get off me!"  She screamed "what's in your hand?!" I screamed back. "Nothing!" 
"Then why won't you show me!"  We were both kicking, screaming and pulling hair. Kirra was trying to get away from me and I was trying to open her hand and see what she was hiding.