Chapter 8

Smoke

Hayleys POV

I couldn't get out of Demis room fast enough.
"I will see you at 8am for breakfast!" I heard her call out ugh "yes!" I called back annoyed.
I quietly entered my room. It was pitch black and I didn't have my phone on me so I used my lighter to find my bed.
I laid down and let my body relax.
I tried to process everything, I stared at the roof and a million thoughts were going through my head every second. But they were good thoughts... I was thinking about how well Casey and Rebecca were doing, the good friends I've made here, how nice Noah is to me and how caring and loving Demi is to me. Maybe Demi is right. Maybe things can get better. I grabbed my phone and turned on the flash light, I pulled out my diary and started writing.

I wrote all about Demi and how I felt about her, how I hated her but at the same time I wanted her to notice me. I wanted
To see how far I could push her, when would she crack and stop caring like everyone else? I wrote about last nights incident and how incredible Noah was. I think I was writing for a good hour about everything going on. I felt good. My thoughts were on paper and I was able to process and slow my thoughts down.

After Breakfast Demi took us to our activity, which was tie dying. Which i was actually really stoked about.
We tie dyed tapestries, T-shirts, bandanas, hoodies, pillow cases and even trackies. I hope mine turns out okay. I've always wanted to try tie dye. Chelsea was the girl in charge of the tie dye she Said that tomorrow she will wash Everyones tie dye stuff and they will be dry not tomorrow but the next day and handed back to us which was really exciting.

Our next activity was a natures hunt,

"Hey everyone. My name is Dylan and this is Katie. So we are doing a nature hunt. How fun does that sound! This should take you guys up to lunch, part of the hunt is a special morning tea. It is a Great way to get to know the campsite which is your home for the next two months. So Katie is gonna come around and start handing out-"

Ok this guy is just way to over the top and excited, I zoned out for a bit but then was handed out a bit of paper that had a map and pictures.

"Ok everyone get into groups of 4-8 and I'll explain what you have to do" Katie yelled out.
Maddie Instantly grabbed my arm
And pulled me over to her Ava and Jess.
I saw Tyler, Joel and Ryan standing together struggling to find 1 more person.
"Hey Joel!" I called out and he turned to look at me "do you want to be in our group?" I asked
"Yeah thatd be great!" He said walking over with he's friends. I introduced everyone.

"Okay everyone is in their groups? Now let me explain how this works" Katie started i was Listening and trying to pay attention. But all I could really notice was the way Dylan was staring at Demi. I did NOT like the way he was looking at her. He looked like a total perv, looking her up and down and licking he's lips. I looked at Demi and she had no idea! I walked over and stood in front of her to block he's view, "hey girlie, everything ok?" Demi whispered. I nodded then looked back at Dylan who was slowly making he's way around the back of the group where me and Demi were.
Luckily, Katie had just finished speaking and everyone was crowded getting what they needed for the hunt and I could see Dylan had to get back to work. Haha that's right, eyes off. I thought to myself.
"Have you got a group?" Demi asked
"Yeah I do, cya" I smiled, I know i was blunt but I wasn't tryna have a chat with her I was just protecting her.

"Okay what do we do first..." Maddie said studying the map
"Smoke" Ryan said lighting up a smoke
The girls gasped
"You can't smoke here!" Maddie yelled/whispered
"Yeah we can, we just cant get caught," i said lighting up a smoke
"Hey where'd you get smokes from?" Joel asked "I stole them back" I smirked
"Good on you" Tyler laughed.
"Can I scab one off you?" Ava asked
"Yeah here you go" I said handing her one
"Do you guys want one?" I offered Jess and Maddie one "no thanks they smell gross" Jess coughed
"Uhm.. my mum would kill me if i smoked." Maddie said nervously "she wouldn't know" Ryan said. Maddie looked uncomfortable. "It's ok, no ones forcing you" i reassured her
"Can I try a bit of yours?" She asked
"Sure" I smiled handing it to her. We all watched as she took a puff..
And then couldn't stop coughing for 10 minutes! It was hilarious. We all laughed.
"Ok we better start the nature hunt" i said