Chapter 3

Demis camp

We have been driving for about 5 and a half hours.
Im starting to get a bit restless and bored. But at leased my headaches gone, for the first 2 hours it was madness, kids were screaming and jumping about and singing, at one point the bus driver stopped the bus and told everyone to quiet down or he'll kick them off the bus and they can walk the rest of the way. But I'm sure he was just trying to scare everyone, it worked though, everyone tired out soon after and fell asleep. He put a movie on for us to watch since the bus was quiet.
"Psssttt.... oi, pst Hayley"

"Huh?" I turned around to see Casey tapping my shoulder. "We have to get off the bus now, it's time to go. Make him stop the bus". "How?" I asked "fake a stomach bug or something I don't know, your smart you'll figure something out"
Rebecca answered

I thought about it for a minute. "Do you guys have any food in your bag?" I asked
"Yeah i got.. rice, bread, muesli bars and apple juice.. what've you got?" casey whispers looking at Rebecca for an reply "um Jam, oats, and mac and cheese, why?" She answered
"Casey give me your juice and rice and Rebecca give me your mac n cheese"
"Why?" They asked simultaneously "trust me" i said holding out my hands
They gave me the food and i grabbed a plastic bag out of my handbag i mixed all the food together "ew yuck! That looks like puke!" Casey screamed but quietly "exactly" i smiled getting out of my seat hiding the bag under my jacket.

I walked up to a camp leader sitting up the front near the bus driver "sir, i really don't feel great" i moaned
"Oh hunny" he said "do you need a drink of water?" He said concerned
I pretended to cough and gag.
Then I squeezed my chest spilling all the mixed food out of the bag leaning over the man getting it all over him.

"EEEEEWWWWWWW" i heard all the kids scream

"Oh my! Um bus driver!! Please make a stop!" The man cried trying to be calm
"Okay we are going to make a stop and we'll get ourselves all fixed up" he said

Yess! I thought to myself looking over at the girls in the back of the bus i could see them fist bumping.
The bus stopped and everyone got out for a stretch. Casey and Rebecca got off last and we all went behind the bus where no one would see us "that was so funny! I can't believe you did that, you are a real badass" Rebecca said. Then our laughing stopped
"Wow." Casey broke the silence, this is real.. this is really happening"
"Yep we're doing this" Rebecca smiled

I was going to be on my own now.
The girls must have noticed my change in mood "hey. We aren't going to forget about you" they promised me. Just then i thought of something. "Oh my gosh I can't believe i didn't think of this earlier" i said grabbing my diary out of my bag. "What?" Casey asked "it was a secret from the other kids and Amanda. But i have a phone. Here is my phone number.. so please call me" i said ripping a page out of my diary with my number on it and handing it to them. "You have a phone and didn't tell us?" Rebecca asked annoyed "it was my secret, i was worried about losing it" i replied worried I'd hurt their feelings. We always tell each other everything. They both gave me understanding nods as casey took the piece of paper "don't lose it" i warned them. "We wont" Rebecca said jumping in for a hug.
"This isn't goodbye. We will see you soon" casey said
"Hah.. see you later, you guys better go now" we gave each other one last big hug they waved and ran off. Ill see them again soon, this is going to be the first adventure I'm taking on my own.

About 2 hours later we showed up at the campsite. I looked out the window. Ooo I thought to myself as i took my earphones out. It was getting late and already dark But the camp was lit up beautifully! There were fairy lights and a big campfire and the moonlight reflected off the lake. It was beautiful! I saw some other camp workers standing where the bus stopped to welcome us. I was looking at them all trying to figure out my opinions of them.
There was 6 guys and 4 girls, one girl grabbed my attention. She had short black wavy hair. Big brown eyes, a wide smile with pearly white teeth, thick thighs that fitted in her blue jeans perfectly. She was just drop dead gorgeous and she looked very professional.