Chapter 40

Back where we started

Hayleys POV
I stared out the police car window and looked up at the big building blocking the sun from coming through the car window. I stared at the front door and saw myself, saw Amanda, getting into the van. I shook away the thoughts. I didn't want to think about it. 
"Alright let's go" Kelly smiled at me opening the car door. I felt glued to the seat. I couldn't move. Kelly kneeled down to my level and looked at me "I know how hard this is. But this is only the beginning for you. I know things are going to get better" she whispered. Nothing she could say would make me feel better, I looked behind her to see Mark taking my bags inside. I sighed and got out of the car. She has no idea what this is like, and I had my beginning, it's over now.

I walked in and headed straight to my old room and ignored the adults trying to talk to me "just give her some time" I overheard Kelly behind me saying to them.
I opened my bedroom door and got an icky feeling. I half expected to see Casey and Rebecca, but they were out living their best life. I looked around and noticed some differences, the walls had been painted the window was upgraded and there was new carpet. I went over and sat on my bed, it was so soft! Wow.. I laid down in the bed and pulled the unfamiliar warm fluffy blanket over me. How could Demi let me go like that? I'll really never see her again, she didn't care about me. I started sobbing so hard for what felt like forever until I finally fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

"Umm, excuse me?... wake up!"
"Huh?" I said groggy
"Your in my bed" I sat up in bed and wiped drool off my chin
"Taylor?" I asked, Taylor was a girl 3 years younger then me. She was adorable but a little arrogant.
"Oh you do remember me" she smiled "why wouldn't I? I've known you for like, 4 years?" I said "yeah but you never spoke to anyone before you ran away"
"Oh.. how did you know about that?" I asked a little awkward
"Well first we thought you'd been adopted, but when police were coming here everyday some of the little kids started eavesdropping and heard"
"Oh"
"That was really brave.. and stupid" she said
"Well, anyway I guess you can have your old bed back and I'll move back to Casey's" she continued
"What do you mean move back?"
"I was in Casey's bed because I like the bed closest to the window but when they came back I moved into your bed so they could have theirs back.. so since your back I'll move back"
"Dude, what? What do you mean they came back?"
"Casey and Rebecca, they got caught as well, they were here for like 2 days then they got adopted together"
"By who?!"
"Ahhh some old couple, they were super sweet, I think they already knew the girls."
This was incredible. Casey and Rebecca had been adopted, it was over for them.
"Wow.." I said sadly looking at my knees. "Yeah it's great, they were so miserable for those 2 days they were here, I was worried" Taylor continued. "Did they.. say anything. About me?" I asked hesitant, I looked at Taylor who looked like she was thinking "nope. They didn't mention you" "oh.." I said pulling the blankets over my head. "But everyone else has been" she said.
"Huh?" I said from under the blanket. "If it wasn't for you. The orphanage would never had gotten better. The police came here and noticed the unliveable conditions. They inspected the place and found out Amanda had been spending the orphanage funds on drugs. She was arrested-"
"She was arrested?!" I shouted surprised sitting up in bed.
"Yup, right in the driveway. So we got new workers! And they are so kind and fixed the place up"
"Oh my gosh, I did notice it was a little nicer in here" I said
"And all thanks to you, your a hero" Taylor said. I smiled.
"So.. what was it like? Where were you?" Taylor asked.
Oh. Where do I start.
I got up and walked towards the cupboard "it all started when I woke up. I was talking crazy the night before.. Casey and Rebecca were packing and.." I looked to my bed I noticed some paper under my bed, I curiously walked over to it and grabbed the paper out from under the bed and looked at it. I started to tear up
"What's that?" Taylor asked.
"It's the pamphlet... Amanda threw it on the bed and sent me here the next day.. boy I wish I knew what I was getting myself into" I chuckled "like what?"
I looked over at her and smiled "some of the best times of my life. I met the most amazing people" I smiled. "I wanna know everything" Taylor smiled