Chapter 36

Getting warmer

It'd been a couple hours and the girls still weren't back. I was pacing up and down the living room while Nathan was sitting on the couch rapidly tapping his foot against the coffee table. "How can they still not be back" I cried.
"They'll come back" Nathan tried to reassure me. I couldn't respond. I'd lost everyone. I looked out the window and closed my eyes. "Nathan. I need you to leave now please" I said calmly
"I really don't want to leave you here alone, I messed up to, and we should face Rebecca together" Nathan said
"No. Please leave" I said sternly still looking out the window. I heard Nathan sigh then get up and walk towards the door. "Just call me if you need me. And I'm sorry.." he said before leaving.

I grabbed my hair in frustration and started to cry, I ran into the bathroom, I picked a razor and broke the blade out. I deserved this, I went back to my room and sat against my closed door, pulled up my sleeve and started cutting.
Over and over with no control, watching the blood tickle down my arm and drip onto the floor. No one to take care of me, I was on my own, I turned everyone against me and I ran away from someone who cared about me. I had to stop as I started to feel faint and I eventually past out.

When my eyes opened.. I noticed the sun going down. I sat up and looked at my arm. It stung and felt stiff. I covered myself up and slowly prepared myself to leave my room. I stepped out into the hall "Casey?.... Rebecca?" I called out, No response. They still weren't back?
I had to jump in the shower and clean all the dry itchy blood off me.

I was still sitting by the front door, waiting for the girls to come home. It was 11:30pm... I was sure they would come home as we had work tomorrow and where else would they go? I started feeling sleepy, my eyelids were heavy and I couldn't fight sleep anymore and I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

I woke up to the bright sun in my face. Groggy I started to stretch and threw the blanket off me. I picked up my phone and checked the time. 8:45am shit, I'm going to be late for work.
"Guys?" I jogged into the kitchen expecting to see the girls. No one.. I knocked on their bedroom and gently called out their name.. again no response. I opened the door and it was empty. I felt ill, this must have been how Demi felt when I left.. except.. she didn't fuck up like me.

I knew even with everything going on, I still had to go to work. I grabbed everything I needed and ran out the door jogging most of the way so I wouldn't be late.
I walked in with my head down and my sunnies on.
I went into the cafe kitchen to grab my apron which was on the hook next to Casey and Rebecca's, their hook was empty which means they were here. I tied my apron on and looked around.
"Casey!" I cried running over to her. I wanted to hug her but I had to stop myself, I stood in front of her feeling ashamed. She just looked at me... completely cold. "What?" She said abruptly. "I'm glad you guys are okay.." I said "well, I am, Beccas not" she shrugged rudely. "I know..but I was worried. You never came home" I said not being able to make eye contact. Casey turned around and went back to work "we did.. we came home. You were asleep on the couch. Who do you think put the blanket on you? We left before you got up." She said bluntly, so they had come home, they just were avoiding me. Not that I could blame them. I sighed and went off to start putting dishes away. I looked up and caught Rebecca staring at me but quickly looking away when she noticed me looking back at her. Her eyes were red and puffy but she put on a fake smile for work.

"Why are you so quiet?" I looked over my shoulder to see Jessica "leave me alone" I warned her "oh did the power puff girls get into a fight?" She taunted. I continued to ignore her until she said something I really didn't like. "They seemed to be going downhill ever since you showed up, they were doing okay till then" she snarled. I snapped. That was enough. I turned around and pushed her up against the wall, "shut up!" I screamed I'd had enough of her comments, remarks and taunting. I began repeatedly slapping her and punching her over and over.
"Hayley stop! What are you doing!?" Casey and Rebecca ran over to me pulling me off Jessica. I was angry. My breathing was rapid and my fists were balled. "Hayley?!" Casey yelled. I ignored her. I looked down at Jessica crying on the floor. I took my apron off and threw it down, storming out of the cafe. I could hear Casey and Rebecca calling out for me but I kept running. I knew they wouldn't follow me because they needed to keep their job. I ran all the way home and burst through the door. I grabbed my bag and packed a few things. My friends didn't come home all day yesterday just to avoid being around me. I'm making everything worse so I was leaving. I left my key to the apartment on the bench, I took one last look at the place and left.
I wasn't sure where I was going. But I knew I was leaving. Jessica was right. They were better off with out me.