Chapter 32

Reunion

Hayley's POV
I've been in the car with Greg and Lynn for over an hour. I was sitting in the back seat looking out the window, just watching everything go by as we drove. Watching Demi and my new friends go further.. and further away. I looked over to the front seat of the car, Greg was a tall man with glasses and a well trimmed beard, he was very charming and friendly but I could tell he definitely has a strict side. Lynn was also very sweet, she had short grey hair and a beautiful locket hanging around her neck. They looked like they were probably in their 60's. I looked back down at my feet and I started to cry a little bit, just a few weeks ago I was at the orphanage, we planned this crazy runaway and it involved me being separated and alone for 6 weeks. But I wasn't alone, in fact, it was the least Lonely id ever felt.
But it was over now, and I had to forget everyone.

"You okay back there camper?" Greg called out from the front seat. "Yeah I'm just so excited to see Casey and Rebecca, how are they?" I forced a fake smile.
"Aw their good Hunny! They have talked so much about you" said Lynn "they have?" I asked "oh gosh yes!" Greg answered "all good things things I hope" I laughed
"Nothing but good stuff" Lynn reassured me.
It was silent for a while except some small talk here and there until we finally reached where we were going.
"We're here!" Lynn cheered
I jumped out of the car with my bag and looked up at the tall building in front of me. It was quite nice, there were gardens and people walking their dogs, lots of trees and street lights.
"Thank you so much for the ride"
I smiled turning around to thank them through the opened car window. "Anytime, we are happy to help out a friend of Casey and Rebecca's, they are such wonderful girls" Lynn smiled
We said our goodbyes I thanked them again and they drove off leaving me standing in front of the building. My new home.

"Hayley!!" Casey and Rebecca came running out of the building. I dropped my bag and ran towards them, I was filled with so many emotions. I started crying as we embraced in a tight hug and in that moment. I wasn't thinking about Demi, Or Noah, Amanda or anyone. It was just me and my girls.

Casey and Rebecca showed me up to our apartment. Number 7.. how ironic. "I still can't believe your finally here! It felt like forever without you" Casey said pulling me into another hug. "You guys have no idea what I've been through" I cried "we want to hear all about it, but first we needa show you around!" Rebecca said pulling my arm.
Casey and Rebecca showed me around their, or should I say our, little apartment. It was very cozy with nice wooden floorboards a modern bathroom and kitchen. It definitely needed some more furniture, it was a little empty. but I was surprised at how clean they have kept it so far. It was only 2 bedrooms though. "So.. what's the situation with the bedrooms. Where am I going to sleep?" I asked "we haven't really thought about it too much. We were just so excited for you to be here" Casey answered. "Maybe I'll just take the couch tonight" I smiled.

We sat in the lounge room and we talked for hours. They told me all about work and the old couple, they told me about their plans, dreams and everything in between. I on the other hand kept everything to a minimum. I didn't tell them about my dad.. or my mum. I wasn't ready to. I didn't tell them about the man that pretended to be my dad, and I didn't tell them about Demi. I wanted to. But they wouldn't understand and it hurt to much to talk about.
"And Rebecca has been talking to this guy!" Casey teased elbowing Rebecca "what really?" I asked excitedly. "A little but it's nothing serious" she shrugged "what about you? Was there any cute guys at camp?" "Yeah actually. I was seeing this guy for a bit. His name is Noah" I said with no emotion "oh he sounds great" Rebecca teased "what was he like? Do you still talk?" Casey asked. I thought about what I was going to say and decided now wasn't the time to go into it "it just.. didn't work out" I shrugged "aw well, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Anyway. It's really late and WE have work tomorrow" Casey said
"We?" I asked "yes we. You have to come to work with us tomorrow and earn money so we can start saving" Rebecca answered. "Oh" I said. "Don't worry! It's easy, and we'll be there to help you" Casey reassured. We all said goodnight and Casey brought me a pillow and some blankets.