Chapter three: Dorms

"This place is awesome!" Y/n exclaimed looking around the school yard "Scary but awesome."

"Just wait until you see the inside." Her grandmother responded gently putting down one of the bags she was holding and carefully removing Kirby from Y/ns hair and placing them on Y/ns shoulder.

Y/n excitedly ran through the grounds until she reached the actual school part of monster high. She waited at the open doors until her grandmother reached her.

Y/n grabbed her grandmother's free hand with her own free hand as they walked through the doors of the school. Despite it still technically being school holidays there was still quite a few kids who were already at the school, most likely the kids who didn't live near a portal so they had to travel to get to one, or kids without families who had to stay there over the summer or perhaps kids who got into trouble and had to stay at school. Y/n squeezed her grandmother's hand tighter, worried the kids would think she was strange, or weird.

"Come on dear let's find your dorm room and then you can worry about what they think of you later." Her grandmother comforted as if she had read her mind.

Y/n nodded as they walked towards the dorm area.

"So... where is my dorm?" Y/n asked looking down the Hallway.

"Well, the school is alive so you could most likely either walk to find it or let the dorm find you." Her grandmother explained.

"I think I am going to allow the dorm to find me." Y/n decided not wanting to carry her bag all the way down that hallway.

Just as she said that a door appeared next to her causing Kirby to fall off her shoulder and land on the floor in their shell. Y/n laughed picking Kirby up and walking inside.

When Y/n entered the dorm, she found two pieces of paper with names on them.

Y/n L/n, Barker Trailer

The room was split in two with room for a crossover in the middle, half designed to Y/ns liking, the other half Y/n didn't pay much attention to other than the fact there was a grave stone there.

"I only have one roommate, I thought there'd be two." Y/n mentioned to her grandmother putting Kirby and her bags down.

"Perhaps you did and the other one just left." Her grandmother reasoned placing the bag she was holding down.

"I wonder who my roommate is." Y/n muttered smiling as she noticed a small enclosed beach-like area for Kirby with an art easel next to it.

"Well, judging by the grave stone and dirt I would assume either a zombie or a ghost." Her grandmother deducted taking some things out of one of the bags.

"I hope their nice..." Y/n smiled picking Kirby back up to move them out of the way.

"Hey, how about you go explore and I unpack your things for you." Y/ns grandmother offered.

"Seriously?" Y/n asked dropping Kirby again who responded by pinching her leg.

"Of course, but first..." Her grandmother began before pulling out a phone.

"What is this?" Y/n asked raising an eyebrow, picking Kirby back up.

"It is a phone, I figured if you need to contact me you shouldn't have to only use letters so I bought myself and you two waterproof phones so we needn't worry about getting them wet." Her grandmother explained handing her the phone.

"Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!" Y/n exclaimed jumping up and down, dropping Kirby yet again (resulting in Kirby making what sounded like a hissing noise and scuttling onto the bed)

"You are very welcome, dear. Now, my number is already on it and there should be a uh computer in one of these bags here somewhere, I shall unpack it later, call me if you need anything and go have fun." Her grandmother stated grabbing things out of the bag.

Y/n hugged her grandmother before placing the phone in her pocket, picking Kirby back up (Much to Kirby's dismay) to place them back on her shoulder and rushed out of the dorm to explore.

A/n: Damn, Kirby's really going through it. #justiceforkirby . Barker Trailer is my friends OC, you'll probably meet them later on.