Chapter 16: Four of us

"So, your half-human, and you need to find a potion made by a dead half-monster scientist that may or may not be in a secret lab behind that locked door, all before the Founders' Day dinner next week?" Draculaura recapped standing in front of the stone building.

"Yup." Clawdeen confirmed.

"Pretty much." Y/n confirmed.

"Wow, you summed it up really nicely there, yeah." Frankie confirmed.

"That is complicated. Man, my secret is big, but yours is apocalyptic big." Said Draculaura, walking up to the stone structure to examine it.

"Yeah, I'd get kicked out of the only place I've ever really belonged." Clawdeen agreed.

"What's this?" Draculaura asked moving aside a vine to reveal a palm print.

"A palm print?" Frankie observed "There is a lock. It's just some kind of biometric hand-reading lock. If Hyde made this, he was ahead of his time."

"We did it." Clawdeen breathed placing her hand on the print "Um, okay. Your parents didn't happen to give you Hyde's hand, did they?"

"Frida Kahlo's. You should see my self-portraits." Frankie said.

"You know, there's probably a spell for that door." Draculaura mentioned looking through her spell book.

"Wait, you'd help me?" Clawdeen asked, walking towards Draculaura, Frankie following as Y/n continued to look at the door.

"Here, the perfect spell, mist of releasing."

"Sounds like a laxative." Clawdeen said.

"It does." Frankie agreed.

"What's a laxative?" Y/n asked aloud; however, she was ignored.

"Oh, no, it's a powder spell. Seriously advanced. I can't even pull off basic cauldron work yet. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to do this." Draculaura spoke.

"So, you practice. You put your mind to it, you can do anything. You've got this. And we're here to help." Clawdeen encouraged.

"Really?" Draculaura asked

"Yeah." Frankie confirmed.

"What's wrong?" Clawdeen asked.

"It's just, I never thought I'd see another monster actually be supportive of this. It's cool. Okay, so we practice. Let's give it a shot."

A/n: Hey besties... you know what I pulled with monster heart? I did it again because I wrote this at one am... sorry. (Woulda skipped it but I acc kinda like this song and it's also like somewhat necessary to the story line)

"So, I've been hiding the truth 'Cause I know they don't approve but now I'm spilling my secrets around you."

"Felt like I didn't belong Part of a pack, now it's on Goodbye to living a lie, now I've found you"

"Putting the pieces in place So good to finally say"

"It's like, oh, we'll be making them believe in us Oh yeah, we can own it just by being us Put us all together, there's no gettin' in our way no messing with the four of us"

"Taking the sum of our parts Using our brains and our hearts Now finally someone is speaking my language"

"I like not being afraid"

"We're gonna do it our way"

"Don't need permission from the world to"

"Change it"

"Putting the pieces in place so good to finally say"

"It's like, oh, we'll be making them believe in us oh yeah, we can own it just by being us put us all together, there's no gettin' in our way no messing with the four of us It's like, yeah, after everything that we've been through yeah, taking the power back to live our truth Put us all together, there's no gettin' in our way no messing with the four of us"

"Put us all together,"

"Put us all together"

"Put us all together there's no getting in our"

"Put us all together"

"Put us all together there's no getting in our"

"Way"

"Way"

"Way, yeah put us all together, there's no gettin' in our way no messing with the four of us"

The group collapsed into a fit of giggles as they caught Draculaura to stop her from falling.