27

Maya

"I'm home!"

Neither of us replied to Calum shouting, but we heard him take his shoes off and put them away, then he knocked on my door and let himself in.

I wasn't crying anymore, but I wasn't bursting with excitement.

He paused when he saw us, then climbed onto the other side of my bed and hugged me from behind, so I was sandwiched between them both.

"I missed you both today," he said.

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"I missed home," I sniffed.

"School was a bit tough huh?"

"Yeah,"

"But you did the whole day?"

"Yeah,"

"Well done My' that's really good. You'll get used to it all,"

"I still wanna go to Ashton's,"

"We can get ready then," Michael said, "Are you changing?"

"Yes please,"

"We will meet in the living room,"

They both left, so I found some joggers and an oversized shirt, then sprayed perfume and tied my hair up. I was starting to look a little less pale, and I did think my body was starting to feel and look like itself again which made me feel a bit happy. I realised I hadn't felt remotely like myself for a long time.

Since I was the last one to go to the living room, we set off straight away, with Calum in the back as per.

"They're probably gonna ask about your day. It's okay not to answer,"

"Mhm,"

"We can turn round, if you don't wanna go,"

"I do,"

"I think it's a stir fry tonight,"

I nodded and watched out the window until we arrived, then I got out the car and let myself into the house, wandering through to find Ashton. Like I guessed, he was in the kitchen.

"Oh hello!"

"Can I have a hug?"

"Of course," he said, pulling me into his side with one arm as he carried on cooking, "How's your day been?"

"I dunno,"

"Ah, well you're here now. Gonna get you fed and give you some love ay? We love ya in this house, always,"

I rested my head on his shoulder and he squeezed me tightly, until he had to carry on cooking.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I dunno,"

"After tea?"

"Yeah,"

"Sounds good to me. Luke! Please can you get us all drinks?"

Everyone came in and we basically hovered round the kitchen until the food was served, then we took it to the table and I sat at the end next to Michael.

For the first time, it was silent, and I knew it was because everyone wanted to hear about my day but didn't want to ask.

"This is lovely Ash, thank you,"

"Thanks, Cal,"

"You gotta teach Maya this, she said she'd cook for us on night,"

"Don't make her cook!"