mr clarke: lblackwell123

★★★☆
finished: december 4, 2022

shh i'm still on my exam week and i'll be having three tests tomorrow. i was not expecting to finish this book this quick especially with the first two chapters being super... cringey i'd rather say.

but once i've passed that portion, it just started to get a whole lot better which i'm just so happy about!! even though there are still some writing errors here and there throughout the book, it's not something that i can't tolerate.

as i said, the first couple chapters were just not it for me, i was immediately like yup it's feeling like a two star for me, even though i was expecting it to be good. i don't know why, this book doesn't even have that much reads for me to have that kind of expectation, but somehow i just had.

and i was just not expecting things to go wild in this book. and let me tell you something i didn't like nina at all in the beginning, but who could have ever guessed that i cried in one specific scene because i was getting too attached to these two!! they're just meant to be!!

i was expecting nina to be the nina she was in the beginning considering her age and everything, but i'm more than happy to say that she indeed acts more mature than her age!!

there's so much more that's going on rather than a teacher and a student fucking the hell out of each other. although i would still say that this book does contain a lot of sex, i didn't get overwhelmed by it at all!!

however, going into this book i was expecting more scenes in school, but i don't see much of that except in the first quarter of the book, which is not a bad thing, it's just that i was expecting more from it, because that's what will make this book different, am i right?

other than that, i'd say that i loved all sorts of developments, including the character, the plot, and definitely the writing style!! i don't know how and what makes that shift just like that in the span of two chapters, but i'm just so glad it did!!

the cringey scenes though, i still find some quite cringey throughout the book, but not in an overwhelming way that i want to stop reading. there was just one time where i was like, oop? umm, let me just try to forget about that and move on, and do exactly that!!

i even think about giving this book a 4 star when i was crying my eyes out, but decide against it. i just think that it's a solid 3.5 with the theme that is being brought up and how things are resolved was not super original, but i'm so glad i picked this book up!!