at first sight: melloproductions

★★★☆
finished: january 1, 2022
random number: 1

WOOHOO!! onto a great start i see!! a book in a day? say less!! i wasn't even expecting to binge read it in a day, i'm in absolutely no rush. but once i started this book, i was hooked!!

after reading two obnoxiously bad bad books, i really needed this type of book! it acts perfectly as a pallette cleanser. it's a very short book, thus it's a very straight forward book. so do not expect a slow burn coming into this book.

the female main interest was very... i can tell she's trying to be different by not being the innocent type of girly. but at some point, i feel like it's a little bit too much. i was like, okay, that was a bit cringey.

the male main interest, somehow, yeah, he's very cute being the simp he is, and i also get the mafia action into it which was fun. but he's a male interest that you could find in any mafia books, which is not a bad thing, but also, it just does not gives me the connection i was looking for.

plot wise, it was very much entertaining throughout the book. although the action does not come fast, but from the very beginning, the author stated that vin was in the mafia and dealing with things, and it really convinced me by how busy he was.

even though there are some typos and grammatical errors, it didn't bother me as much as the last two. with this one, i can still get what the author is trying to say and everything.

i can't give it a higher rating simply because i'm not attached to these two as much as the other characters that i've given four stars and above.