KABANATA 9

Kabanata 9.

When someone says 'believe it or not', would you believe it or not?

As for me, I would rather find the answer myself. To see is to believe. So, I want to wait until Ezekon Varyntian destroys Zann-ar.

I hope he will do so.

Ezekon Varyntian. He killed the whole Varyntian Family. I admire him very much for that.

On the way here in Varyntian Mansion, the coachman told me the story about Ezekon Varyntian and how he became the only Varyntian.

It was the day I got to know the past of my husband. It was also the day I first came here in Varyntian Mansion.

Varyntian family ruled the Amaris City and the other neighboring cities near here. Varyntian is an aristocrat family and they are well-known for having the ability to control animals.

They have jaguars, lions, bears and tigers as their pets.

So the people are really afraid of Varyntian family from the very start. No one dared to offend them.

Ezekon Varyntian did not grow up in Amaris City. According to rumors, he did not inherit their family's ability. He could not control animals.

So, he was thrown in Northern Winterland. A place which you can only experience one season. Winter.

He grew up in Northern Winterland. No one knows how he survived. Maybe he was lucky.

No one also knows about his existence. A good-for-nothing boy who could not even control one animal. Of course, his family would keep his existence hidden forever as much as possible.

Not until he turned 20.

Maybe he had enough of the cold in Northern Winterland that's why he decided to go back to Amaris City. Only he knows the reason why he returned.

When he came back. He massacred all the members of the Varyntian family. Even a child, he did not let anyone off.

At the center of Amaris City, everyone watched as Ezekon Varyntian hanged all the decapitated heads of the members of the Varyntian family.

That's not all. He even drag all the pets of his family at the city center. Ezekon Varyntian made the pets ate the body of their owners.

Some people who were watching the show fainted and some vomited. The coachman was one of those who witnessed the cruelty and heartlessness of Ezekon Varyntian.

That was also the day when everyone got to know that there's Ezekon Varyntian in Varyntian family.

He became the only member of Varyntian family.

There's also a saying in Zann-ar, 'You can offend everyone, but you must not offend Ezekon Varyntian.'

When I learned his past. I started to admire him.

My husband is indeed dangerous and crazy.

Then, I suddenly got curious. How much did he suffer that he went as far as to fed the flesh and blood of his family to their pets.

However, I am not curious enough to ask Ezekon Varyntian myself.

Unfortunately, I don't have such wild pets. If I do, I would feed Lorania's flesh to my own pets while she's still alive.

Gaano kaya kalakas ang sigaw niya kapag nangyari 'yon?

But my serious question is, how capable and strong Ezekon Varyntian is?