Old Friend - Joseph Quinn

You see your old friend, Joseph Quinn, at a local bar after a bad breakup.

...

You had just gotten over a bad breakup. You weren't ready for another big relationship yet.

You headed out to the bar after work. It was a Friday afternoon and work was slow that day. You deserved a drink after.

You ordered a drink and you looked around the bar, looking at all different types of people-for a potential rebound. You were almost done your drink and was about to head out.

Until your eyes had landed on a boy who just sat down next to you.

"Y/N?"

You were confused for a second. You were in a dark pub, who would've recognized you?

You turned and squinted before you noticed who it was.

"Joe?"

He smiled.

"Joe!" You gave him an awkward hug. You haven't seen him in years. He was your best friend growing up, but after school, the two of you grew apart.

"How are ya?"

"I'm good. How are you doing? What are you doing here?"

"I'm auditioning for a new movie. I'm trying to experience something to get some inspiration for the character.", he paused, "c'mon Y/N. Are you sure you're alright? You don't seem like yourself."

"How would you know?"

"Ive known you almost all my life. I know when you're upset."

You couldn't turn away from those big brown eyes, "I mean, I did just get over a bad break up." You forgot how nice it was to be in his presence after all these years. He was your safe space for such a long time and that familiarity you had with him never went away.

"George?" He asked and you nodded, "I'm so sorry. You must not be feeling too great. I remember when you started dating him in high school." He sighed, empathizing with you.

"Yeah? I feel better now that you're here. I think what I needed was to be with friends." You looked down, holding a drink in your hands, "I really thought I would marry him, Joe."

He looked at you deeply in the eyes, "I don't want to sound cliche, but there's so many better guys out there for you, y/n."

His eyes were filled with your own pain and heartbreak and you could tell he empathized with you, "Let me buy you a drink. Like old times. It's been a while."

He ordered you another drink and you were brought back to the times when you were best friends. He would always bring you to bars every Friday night with him, buying you drinks. It felt nice to feel like that again.

You thanked him for the drink and asked him what he's been up to. He told you that he had been filming a show in America for the past year. He couldn't give you many details, but you didn't mind. It was just great to see your old friend after so long.