S1: Episode 6 [ Graveyard ]

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [Season One ]

Episode 6: [ Graveyard.]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

("You can summon me if you're ever in danger.")

("We're Legion, one of many, Priest.")

("Y/n! Please look after Asia! I trust you! So please do this for me!")

"That priest, and even him...Both of you are way too strong for me..." Issei muttered.

The rising of the sun signals the beginning of a new day, while the start of this day writes into the next part of life. Beginning and ending, the sun and the moon represent both the bright lights and the dead silence, a cycle that repeats itself over and over again, without end. While we're meant to be born, we are also meant to die, yet in a world like this, that notion could be seen as a lie. As, he was a devil, a newborn at that. Reborn into a demonic life that surely overwhelmed him as he was thrust into a world where might makes right, whereby through power you succeed or fail.

A bit much for a high schooler.

Dressed in a regular set of clothes, the same he wore to school and sitting on his bed, Issei stared at his injured leg, right to be specific, while at the same time taking occasional glances at his right hand. The wounds were gone, but the pain remained. Still able to feel the sensation of holy light burning through his skin, Issei winced as he thought back to last night.

( Asia... If she hadn't been there, I would have been... Damn it! If Alaster hadn't come we would have been screwed! But, it's just frustrating being saved when I was supposed to protect her...!) The push and pull feeling of being both thankful for the help and frustrated at your own weakness, it's troubling. Deep in thought, Issei had to wonder how his two friends were doing right now. He had just finished taking a shower and was now dressed, sitting on the edge of his bed, replaying the night's events like some horrible movie, well up until their dark superman arrived.

( That summoning flier, he said something about our blood summoning him... Yeah, I remember thinking about what you said, and maybe like when Prez saved me, my desire caused it to work.) Issei thought to himself, trying to figure things out. He was new to this devil thing, magic was still a school he hadn't attended and right now he was throwing darts at the wall. But no matter what he thought, his friend had kept his word. ( But, I gotta say, you were freaking scary! It was like watching a horror movie... But, when you arrived, my body was shaking, as if I was staring at some larger predator that made Freed look like some pup... You never touched him once, yet it was all over so fast...)

( That strength, power that can protect others... I wonder if you can show me how to gain it? I hated the position I was in...) Issei thought to himself, narrowing his eyes as he balled his fist. Seeing strength in someone other than himself, younger than even him, it bothered him, he felt frustrated at how things went. He wanted to do something about that feeling, but only knew one thing that would make that happen.

"I need to become the strongest pawn ever..."

"Well, I'm glad to hear you're as determined as ever, my cute servant~," Rias announced, surprising Issei as she stepped into the room with a damp towel in hand as she dried her hair. Dressed in school wear, she would be heading to the academy soon enough, so it made sense why she looked the part. Turning towards her pawn and smiling at him, she continued. "How are your wounds doing now? Can you walk better?"