S2: Episode 19: [ Where Did The Angels Go? ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When I was a child. When I was innocent to the wide world, much more than I am now. I would spend my Sundays and Saturdays seated in the wooden aisles with my eyes glued to the holy book, and my ears ever attentive to the passionate words spoken by our good fathers.

Their sermons promised deliverance. They made Heaven sound so great, even now I wish to one day see it...

Their sermons promised strength amid danger. For a long time, I believed my strength was a blessing I cultivated. My gift to wield a holy blade, my faith to carry on through even the most perilous missions...

Young and naive, innocent and foolish, from the moment I was born and taken under the Church's care, I had believed that under God's hand, I was safe and that the sinners would be damned for their lack of faith and wretched actions. The good would be saved, the wicked would be punished. And as a follower of Almighty God, I, we, the church were to carry out his will. Blind to see the shades present in humanity, in people, my world was filled with one two colors, two ways to live.

But today, I find myself remembering another sermon, a familiar one to my heart. One that as a young girl was told to all of us as children. A warning, a call to self-examine... And yet once I hear it replay in my ears.

( "We find it easy to tread on and crush a worm that we see crawling on the earth: so it is easy for us to cut or singe a slender thread that anything hangs by." )

( "Thus easy is it for God when he pleases to cast his enemies down to hell..." )

I do not feel wrong. I feel haunted.

Am I to be damned?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [Season: 2 ]

Episode 19: [ Where Did The Angels Go? ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_____________________________