mom?~rafe

rafes mom left when he was 13, the whole town knew it.

currently i was curled up in bed with him and he was telling me about how/why she left.

"then what happened?" i ask, with genuine curiosity.

"so uh.. she had enough of my dads shit, and she literally packed all her stuff and she- i was the oldest and i guess we had the best bond so she came to me." he says.

i look in to his eyes, waiting for him to continue.

"she- i remember she said 'rafe im ganna go for awhile i need to, but ill be back' then she kissed my head and said i love you- and-and i was fucken' crying and shit begging her not to leave but she did, i literally never saw her again." he says.

"im so sorry rafe, i feel so bad." i say with a frown. "you're not her don't apologize." he says.

"i just- how could she do that- like i get ward was not treating her good but he wasn't treating me good either and she didn't care to even take me with her she fucking left!" rafe rants.

"i know baby thats messed up, and you know you're welcome to stay with me anytime." i say, and he nods his head.

"you wanna go for a walk?" i ask. "can we golf instead?" he asks.

"rafe" i whine. "c'mon baby please" he says. "fine." i sigh. he claps his hands as he gets up.

~~

me and rafe were at the country club. we had jusy golfed and now we were sitting at a table about to eat lunch.

a lady came up to us to take our order. "hi what can i- rafe?" she says.

rafe looks up at the lady. "mom.." he says.

her eyes get watery as she places her notepad down. "oh my god rafe i cant believe its you." she says. "what the fuck! what are you doing here?!" he yells.

"i came back to town! i wanted to see you- sarah- whezzie!" she says. "i-i cant do this right now oh my god what the hell!" rafe says as he gets up and walks away.

"um.. i should- i should check on him.." i say awkwardly as i get up and run after him.

he walks in to the boys bathroom, "fuck." i whisperd to myself.

i covered my eyes as i walked in "female entering male bathroom!" i said.

i uncovered my eyes and thank god no one else was in here.

"rafe oh my god!" i say. "i wanna go home y/n, lets go." he says.

"you dont even wanna talk to her?" i ask. "no! no way in hell i wanna talk to her, now come on we are leaving!" he says.

i follow him out of the bathroom and to the car, we drive back to the camerons in silence.

when we get there we dont say a word as we walk up to his bedroom.

we both lay in his bed, in silence. he laid his head on my chest, his eyes were watery but he didn't let himself cry.

i stoked his head repeatedly.

after awhile, he finally spoke. "im sorry for acting like a dick- i-i know i should've given her a chance to talk." he says.

"no-rafe that wasn't a dick move if you aren't ready to talk to her you dont have to, its all you my love." i say. he sighs in agreement.

"i wanna talk to her.. a-and i know this is a lot to ask but will you come with me?" he asks. "rafe.. are you sure you don't want it to be private?" i say.

he nods his head, "so sure baby, i really cant be alone with her or i-im ganna be so fucken rude." he says. "okay." i nodded.

he stood up and looked at me. "now?" i asked with shock. he slowly nodded.

~~~

we drove to the country club and were in the car. "i-actually-i- wanna talk alone.." he says. "yeah rafe thats totally fine, go talk." i give him a small smile.

i then squeezed his hand comfortingly before he got out of the car and walked away.

~~~

i was in the car on my phone when rafe opened the car door, slammed it shut and started driving.

"i-i-i never want to see her again!" he said. "what? rafe what the hell happened?!" i asked.

"she-she has kids y/n! she has a whole new family! she couldn't raise her first set of kids so she goes and has more with some douche bag?!" he says.

"rafe i-i know it all seems really shitty right now but i-shes your mom.." i say. "yeah i wish she would've just stayed out of my fucking life!" he says.

we drove back to the camerons and rafe told sarah, whezzie, and ward about everything.

sarah seemed hurt, but whezzie seemed overwhelmed, the poor girl probably can't remember her mother but is know hearing all this shit.

rafe was beyond anything ive seen before. he wad so mad but also on the verge of a breakdown.

i couldn't calm him down so he resorted to snorting a couple lines of coke.

"rafe please stop-i-im trying to help you! coke isn't going to solve all the problems in the word!" i said.

"y/n stop! you dont know what its like okay? you dont know the shit thats going on for me, you dont fucking know what it feels like!" he screams.

his unexpected change of tone made me flinch. "rafe im sorry! its true i dont know what you're going through but i bet it sucks ass and i-i dont understand what you're going through but im trying, im trying my best you cant just shut me out!" i said.

"just please dont fall in to coke again rafe, please dont." i said. "y/n if you're ganna try and control shit just leave." he said.

"if thats what you think im doing then fine, i will leave." my eyes were watery as i left the room.