christmas~rafe

neither me or rafe had a real christmas.

my family didn't have much money, we never had a christmas tree or big christmas dinner, we had a family christmas which was enough for me now, but of course as a child i wondered why all the other kids got new toys while i seemed to be the only one who didn't get any, which could be confusing for just a little kid.

on the other hand, rafe got many gifts and a big christmas dinner but he don't have the family portion. his mother left while he was just a little boy and his sisters seemed to leave him out as they wanted to play with they're new barbie dolls and didn't care about his toys. of course as they got older they tried to include him but the older they got, the more he wanted to be alone. his dad and rose seemed to go out so no matter what he ended up alone on christmas.

christmas was tomorrow and i took a couple extra shifts at the wreck to buy my family and friends + rafe gifts.

i had my day planned out, i would spend my morning with my parents, then go see the pogues to give them my gifts, and then rafe invited me for his family dinner.

~~~

it was the next day and i was getting ready to go to the camerons.

i was scared his parents wouldn't like me since it was my first time meeting them and i was a pogues, but i mean im friends with sarah so it shouldn't be to bad.

i had on a pair of jeans and a plain white long sleeve, i told my parents i was leaving and went off to the cameons.

i knocked on the door.

a lady opened it, rafes step mom rose.

"hi honey, y/n right?" she says as she opens the door wide so i can step in.

"hi yes, thats me." i smile as i take off my shoes. "its nice to meet you, rafes told us all about you he is so exited for us to meet you." she says.

"its nice to meet you to. all good things i hope." i say. "oh of course." she laughs.

"dinner's almost ready, rafes up in his room." she says.

"thanks." i say before i walk up the spiral stair case and knock on his bedroom door. "come in." he says.

i walk in to his room and smile when i see him buttoning up his shirt. "merry christmas." i smile as i walk over to him.

"merry christmas baby." he grins as he places a kiss on my lips.

i starts laughing as he pulls away. "what?" he asks. "look in the mirror." i say.

he looks in the mirror and gasps. "my god y/n get this shit off." he says, noticing the pink shimmer on his lips.

i laugh even harder as i grab some paper towel and wipe off his lips.

"i met rose down stairs." i say. "shes such a bitch." rafe says. "she was nice?" i say.

"yeah she seems nice until you get to know her." rafe says. "oh.." i say.

"want some help?" i say as i watch him struggle to get the top button of his shirt.

"please." he says as i bring my hands up and button up the top of his shirt.

"you look good." i smile. "so do you." he grins.

"i got you something." i say as i hand him my gift.

"y/n you didn't have to get me anything i already told you." he says. "its not a lot." i shrug.

he opens the gift and smiles when he sees what it is.

i made him a scrap book. each page had a picture of us and a paragraph i wrote on either a memory from that day, a reason i love him, or something special.

"y/n holy shit this is so cool!" he says as he flips through the pages. "i love it, thank you. this is seriously the best present ever." he grins.

"im glad you liked it." i say. he smiles as he kisses my head. "not kissing you for real again, i learnt my lesson." he says making me laugh.

"there another thing in there." i say. he digs his hand back in to the bag and pulls out a ring.

"i know you like rings and this- i dunno it reminded me of you but if you dont like it its okay." i say. "fuck y/n you seriously didn't need to spend this much on me." he says.

"rafe i wanted to." i say. "i love you y/n. and i love this ring." he says as he puts it on his finger. "i love you, too." i smile.

"your turn." he says as he hands me a gift bag.

i reach in to the bag and pull out a channel necklace. it was beautiful. "rafe oh my god my gift looks like shit after this." i say.

"what no, baby nothing could beat that book- i seriously felt like this necklace was shit after opening it" he says.

"rafe- thank you." i smile. i wanted this for awhile, never had the guts to spend money on myself.

"can you put it on me?" i ask. "yeah of course." he says.

i pull my hair to the side as he puts the necklace around my neck, and clips it on.

"theres some more in there." he says. "oh god rafe i feel bad ." i say as i reach in to the bag.

~~~

me and rafe were currently walking downstairs where everyone was in the kitchen. rafe introduced me to his dad and whezzie, sarah already knew me.

we all filled our plated and took a seat at the table.

"so, y/n, did rafe get you anything cool for christmas." whezzie asks. "whezzie you dont ask that." sarah whispers, loud enough for everyone to hear. "why i wanna know!?" whezzie says.

"what if he didn't get anything? thats awkward." sarah says. "oh." whezzie says.

"he got me this channel necklace i actually really wanted." i say with an awkward smile. "

he also got me a red lingerie set with a santa hat but thats not for his family to know about.

"thats so cute!!" sarah says with a smile.

" y/n, you could've invited your parents, i would of loved to meet them." says ward.

"my parents are actually working right now." i say. "working on christmas?" rose asks.

"well my dad works as a cook in a hospital so he doesn't really have holidays off, i guess my mom could of got the day of but there wasn't really a point as my dads working and well im here." i say with a laugh.

no one else finds it funny.

rafe places a hand on my knee, trying to comfort me in this awkwardness.

"um.. dad when can we have dessert?" sarah says, trying to make up a conversation.

"after dinner, we've barely started eating, sweat heart." ward laughs.

"the food is really good." i say. "thank you dear." rose says.

~~~

after dinner, me and Rafe went out to the backyard. it wasn't that cold out as it didn't get like that in the outer banks.

"Thank you so much for inviting me over.. it was nice to meet your family." i smiled. "Well we have been together almost five months it was time you met them." he said, i smiled with a nod.

"it was nice to actually spend christmas with someone this year." he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "your not normally with your family?" i asked.

"well for like an hour in the morning.. then everyone just does there own thing." he said. "oh.. well im more then happy to spend every christmas with you." i kissed his cheek.

~~~

Hi guys!!! Merry christmas eve to everyone <3

I made this last Christmas but never posted it so I decided to post it now lmao, that's why if you noticed it was in all lowercase.