Chapter 6

ECHO'S POV

It's been three days since Luca declared me as his property. I only sit in the room I woke up in balling my eyes out every second of every hour.

Adel comes in every once in a while to check up on me and give me food. Three full plates sit on the nightstand next to me right now. I haven't had much of an appetite.

I haven't seen Luca since meeting him for the first time, for which I can say I'm grateful. Something tells me I'm running out of luck with him. Back there by the stairs, I thought he might hurt me badly. He looked like he wanted to. A small part of my brain is telling me to stop fighting but a larger part wants to fight until the very end. The larger part wants to see the future I've built for myself in my head.

My life back home isn't great, but it was still mine. I had plans to travel and get my artwork seen but now it seems all of that has been thrown out the window.

I hear the sound of the door unlocking.  Then it opens.

"Hello Mis." it's Addel. Despite
me telling her my name a couple of days ago, she still calls me Miss. I don't mind it though. It's sweet.

"Mr. Caputo has asked for you in his office."

My heart rate increased from just hearing his name. I take a deep breath.

"Tell him I'm not coming," I say. I don't think I actually want her to tell him that.

"For your sake, I'd rather not." She gently grabs my hand into hers, giving it a couple of pats.

"Now come along. You know-"

"Mr. Caputo doesn't like waiting, yeah, yeah, I know." I cut her off, though not rudely.

I get out of bed and we make our way to his office. It's only down the hall from my bedroom.

Once we arrive there is a large wooden double door. Adel knocks on it. Luca's voice booms from behind it.

"Come in."

Adel opens the door enough for me to walk in. Once I enter she closes it behind me.

"Sit." He says flatly.

I fight the urge to tell him I'm not a fucking dog. I push that urge down and I push it deep. If I wanna get home I should probably keep my mouth shut.

I take a seat in one of the two chairs in front of his desk.

The room is silent, except for the sound of Luca writing things down on paper. He writes for a minute or two before speaking.

"You'll be accompanying me at an event tomorrow."

Is that it? Is that all he wants to tell me? Did he bring me way in here just to tell me that?

He gets up from his desk to make his way around to me. He stands right in front of me as I sit in the chair. His pelvic area is right in front of my face.

I look down at my lap to avoid the bulge in his pants. I can see it so clearly.

He pulls me from the chair by my chin. Once I'm up his hand goes to my neck.
His dark gray eyes are burning into my brown ones. This feeling is intense.

"I don't want any problems out of you." He says.

I want to reach up and grab his wrist to release some of the pressure, but I'm too frightened to.