Chapter 28

There's a bit of smut in this chapter, but not much, so if you're not comfortable just skip ahead.

ECHO'S POV

Two weeks later

I stand in front of Luca's body-sized mirror in a short black satin dress. Luca picked it out. He said he thought it would look great, and he was right because I feel amazing. I also feel nervous. Anxiety crawls through my veins threatening to send me into a state of paralysis.

Every time I think about this art show, I think about people ruthlessly shredding my work into pieces with their criticism and opinions. I don't think I can handle it.

Luca creeps up behind me. He pecks me on my neck and cheek. I allow him to be affectionate with me mostly because I've been ignoring him for a whole week, and I can feel that he's getting angry about it. He's been trying to be more patient with me, I can tell. Though I don't think he's doing it the right way. Whenever we argue, he just leaves the room instead of talking it out with me. He always comes back in a better state though. I guess he's just coping with his anger the best way he knows how.

"You're going to do great, everyone will love your work. And if they don't I'll kill them and you'll never have to hear about it."

I'm sure Luca's serious, that's what scares me. "Okay, now you're just adding on top of the nerves."

I turn to face him. "Thank you for this. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to do this for myself."

"You're welcome, baby. I have something for you." He smiles.

He pulls a necklace from his pocket. It's almost like a little half-spear with diamonds embedded around it. It's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

"Bring it up to your eye, and close the other one to see what it says inside," he says.

I do as he says and sure enough, there are words inside. I've never seen a piece of jewelry like this before.

I'll set the world ablaze for you- Luca.

I remember when he said that in the pool that day. I thought it was pretty fervent and intense, but it seems sweet now.

"Luca, I love it. Thank you." I hug him. We hug for what seems like hours, but I don't care. I want to stay like this forever.

"Come on, we gotta get going. The gallery's about an hour out." He breaks the hug.

•••••

For the entire ride, Luca has his hand placed on my thigh.

"Why are you so tense?" He says.

"I'm just nervous about the art show. That's all."

"Well...maybe I can fix that." Luca separates my legs when he pulls my thigh to the left.

I clutch onto the door, I know where this is going. He slides his hand up my thigh and underneath my dress. My heart pounds in my chest as he rubs me through my underwear.

I bite down on my bottom lip and stare out the window. I look up at the stars that seem to shine brighter than ever before. Luca goes into my underwear. Two of his fingers play around with my clit. I think this is helping with my nervousness. The sensation sends my mind into a state of euphoric pleasure.

I wrap my arms around Luca's. I hold on tight as the movements of his fingers become more aggressive and intense.

My breath becomes heavy and erratic. "Luca...I-Im gonna-"

"Already?" He teases. I can hear that grin on his face. That sexy fucking grin. It does nothing but push me closer to the edge.

My softer moans fill the car. My hands go from his arm to his hand. I feel the wetness between my legs slowly spread as he brings his fingers down and up again. It's everywhere, it lies on my inner thighs and I feel it as Luca's fingers easily rule circles on my clit.