Trans DS!Dream x DS!Blue - A Painful Day

Requested by @its12inthemorning

Dream POV:

Ugh. Everything hurts! Stupid cramps. One of the only things reminding me that I was once a woman. I was on my stupid period. I hate this sooooo much.

I was sitting at my desk in my office, holding a heating pad on my waist. I had taken some medication. Neither helped. I tensed up as another wave of pain charged through my body. I leaned over and held my head up with my free hand. 'God, why does it hurt so bad?!' I felt tears form in my eyes. 'Great, now I'm crying.' I just gave up. I put both my arms on my desk and hid my face. I then began crying. Oddly enough it was helping a bit.

I didn't register that the door to my office opened. I was just crying to myself.

"Hey Dream guess wh-" I flinched up, why was Blue in here?!

I stood up quickly. Big mistake. Pain shot through my upper body. I heard Blue begin running over as I fell. My left wing got caught under my leg which, with all my weight, hurt.

"Dream-"

"DON'T." I said quite loudly.

I attempted to summon my sword to get Blue away, but due to the position of my hand, it summoned and immediately stabbed my other wing. I screamed in agony. I instinctively pulled my wing up off my claymore, which caused it to bleed more. I heard Blue scream as well and heard him run out. I fell onto the floor and rolled onto my back. I could feel the blood flowing out of my wing.

Why did Blue leave me in here? My waist hurts, my wings hurt, everything hurts. More tears streamed down my face. I covered my face with my hands.

Please come back Blue.

Blue POV:

Oh god, oh god, oh GOD! Where's Ink?! Where's his damn room?! Okay-calm down Blue. Ink's room is down the hall, left, and four more doors down. I started running again. I arrived at the room and burst in.

"INK!" The quiet skeleton flinched and looked at me.

"If you're about to annoy me-"

"Nonono! It's Dream! He's-"

"He's what? Sick?"

"No! He's hurt!"

"Is he dying?"

"YES!" Ink's expression changed to a more serious one rather than an irritated one.

"Get me there. Call an ambulance." I turned around and began running back, Ink ended up calling the emergency services.

We got back to Dream's office and Ink went in while I stayed outside. I peeked in and regretted it. Dream was unconscious on the floor and Ink was trying to stop the blood flow.

"Blue come here." Ink said.

"Why?"

"I need you to open a portal. We can't wait for an ambulance." How was he so calm? His hands are soaked in blood!

I took a deep breath and walked in. I almost threw up at the amount of blood that was on the floor. I opened a portal and Ink carried Dream through. I followed quite far behind.

~A Few Hours Later~

I sat in the waiting room alone. The doctors were looking at Dream and Ink had gone back to the palace to take a shower and change clothes. It looked like he'd had a whole bucket of red paint thrown on him.

Ink appeared beside me and sat down. He was now wearing a brown sweatshirt with a white shirt under. His pants and scarf somehow didn't get blood on them so he didn't change them.

"Any news?" He asked.

"No." I replied.

"You two are Blue and Ink, correct?" We turned and saw a nurse. We nodded. "You're able to go see Lord Dream now. The doctor will brief you on his-er-their injuries."

Their? That was weird. I followed the nurse with Ink behind me. They led us to a room and let us in. Dream was on the bed with the wing he stabbed stretched out and bandages and the other folded up beside him. There was also a doctor standing there.

"Ah, there you two are. Dream here has sprained one wing and stabbed the other. They should be able to leave in a few days. On the bright side, they should wake up in a couple minutes." The doctor reported. "Any questions?"

"Do you by chance know why he seemed to be in pain when I came in? Just before he accidentally stabbed his wing." I asked. The doctor stopped for a moment.

"It may not be my place to say...but you do need to know. They're um...we think they may be trans. And it's that time of the month for them." My face flushed a little.

"O-oh." I said.

"Welllll I'll be on my way then!" The doctor said as they walked out.

A couple minutes later, Dream stirred and awoke. He still seemed to be in pain.

"You alright, Boss?" Ink asked.

"Not really. My wings are, but..."

"Is it because you're trans?-" I covered my mouth right after asking. That's what I get for having a big mouth.

"How did you-?"

"The doctor told us." Ink explained.

"I'm getting him fired." He hissed as he sat up slowly.

"Uh-if you don't mind telling us...why'd you transition?" I asked. I was genuinely curious.

"If you dare to make fun of me for this I will have your head." He threatened. I nodded. Dream sighed.

"When I was younger, before my relationship with Nightmare died and I had wings, I was a girl. I have always wanted to be in a position of power. To help people. To make them happy. But I got made fun of for it. 'Being in power is a man's job.' I was always told. I was always told I could never do it. I was told I could marry someone with power but not do it myself. I didn't want to marry a powerful person. I wanted to be the powerful person. My thought process was exactly 'It's a man's job? Then fuck it, I'll become a man!' And that's exactly what I did. I don't regret it. I like being a man. It's nice. So there's the story for you. Sexism is a horrible thing. But I never liked being a woman anyway. It gave me an excuse to transition."

Dream finished off his story and looked at me.

I sat on the bed with him and hugged him.

"Ink-" Dream began.

"I got it. I'll take care of things until you're better." Ink interrupted before walking out.

I made Dream lay back down and rested my head on his chest.

"Sorry for leaving you when I saw you earlier. I got scared from the blood." I apologized. Dream chuckled and patted my head.

"It's okay."

"I'm not going to leave you alone while you heal." I told him as I shifted positions and snuggled into the crook of his neck. Dream laughed.

"You'd better not." He wrapped his arm around me and held me close.

'I won't. I promise.' I thought to the injured skeleton.

————————————————————————

1183 words