Chapter-33

The Imperial hall was in grim silence, only the Great Emperor and Second Prince Zades sat facing each other with equally daunting stares, neither of them not seemingly wanting to quit nor accepting their defeat. The two of the hardest men in the whole empire were adamant to make their point clear and loud. The Emperor still couldn't believe the request his spoiled grandson had presented him to.

The look of horror was clear on the faces of the Empress, Lady Aster while Princess Crystal sat miserably beside her mother Queen Celia whose eyes were filled with anger. King Ferger, father of Crystal, was in equal rage but he was helpless before the Emperor and of course Zades.

"The request you make is simply outrageous. How could you possibly want to get married to a mere wildling instead of a princess?" The Emperor asked with a grim expression.

"The answer is simple, your majesty. I don't love the princess and I shall never love her the way I do with my wildling." Zades said leisurely.

"That's ridiculous, us Arkadians never marry out of love and I think you don't need this particular lesson from me, my son." The Emperor held himself back from lashing on Zades who seemed ignorant towards him.

For the first time ever, Zades carelessness towards the Emperor had driven him mad. He was controlling himself not to blast himself and make a mistake to offend his lovable son, at least not when people were watching.

"I indeed know that very well, your majesty. For I have always done everything that only benefited this empire and your legacy. However, your majesty shall not forget that I have never asked or expected anything in return, so, your majesty should grant his grandson a little gift as a token of his blessings." Zades put out solidly.

"My son, No matter how absurd your request is but I do believe your every wish must be fulfilled immediately." All presented royals gasped, not expecting the Emperor to again give in so easily to Zades' absurd persistence.

"However, my son, your grandfather, too, is bound by his duties, he is an Emperor as well and for that matter, I can only allow you to take that woman as your concubine instead and marry Princess Crystal of Zorman." The Emperor said with finality in his voice. Zades sat watching him with empty eyes, that unnerving stare of his towards the Emperor sent shivers down everybody's spine.

"No, I shall not accept it, grandfather. I either marry Harvi here in the Imperial palace or I shall leave Qagghar with my woman and never return." No sounds were made during five minutes of continuous silent torture. The Emperor sat with a livid expression yet his heart was sore with delight while seeing such brutal savageness in his grandson.

"My son, don't speak such nonsense. You must know you are more important to me than any other empire or kingdom." This time the Empress spoke with disbelief. She couldn't sit back and watch the hardheadedness unfold before her eyes. Both of her men were equally egoistic and stubborn and that she knew. However, Zades statement had made her believe that he indeed went into a spiral of madness, the madness where his stubbornness was more bigger than his family, his own grandmother. She didn't raise the brat just to turn his back for the mere woman whom he knew for a few moments.

"I know that, grandmother." For a split moment, Zades' gaze softened up when he watched his grandmother's concerned features filled with worry and love.

"Then you must know, I shall not allow whatever ridiculous thoughts you're having about leaving us." The Empress added with paper strictness, her worrisome expressions reduced the colliding tempers for a while.

A sudden crashing sound distrubed the dreading silence within the courtroom. As if someone was harshly whispering and another was whimpering loudly.

"Who is there?" The Emperor asked, directing his anger towards the source of loud noises.