Chapter-8

Harvi's p.o.v-

Harvi's p.o.v-

I couldn't make it to the main hall as sheets after sheets piled up by the pond for me to wash. By the time I finished, the sun was long gone behind the black sky. I missed my lunch again due to overworking but soon I came to realize that I have to work smarter.

I always carry a small pouch which was filled with small pieces of bread that I stole from Zades's dinner when he was done eating and not looking. I can't work on an empty stomach and I can't starve myself either. 

I never made it to dinner either but I was not worried about it. Zades would feed me like a domestic dog. My pride died a long time ago and I killed my ego too. Now whatever I was doing it was just for my survival. I was not going to rot and die here. 

My legs were sore and palms cracked open. I was overworked, tired, hungry and sleepy. When Zades made me his slave, I was only allowed to follow him but soon he decided he wanted to mannered and tamed me.

He told Aster to trained me so that I would work for him like a trained Arkadian slave. I wasn't allowed to do anybody's chores other than Zades's. I cleaned his room, washed his clothes, and cleaned weapons that solely belonged to him under Aster's maids watch, of course who later on exaggerates my mistakes to Aster and Aster to Zades. 

Zades's punishments were harsh but he wouldn't beat me up himself or order his guards to whip me like he did before. He would tortured me mentally and physically. He often threw me in his freezing cold bathtub and sometimes he made me stand on ice slabs until I eventually slipped and fell on my face. I learnt over time if I wordlessly followed his punishments then he would cut it short. 

He fed me his food and often treated my wounds himself. I would never question him though because I always get to sleep warmly with my stomach full. He treated me like a wild dog and I acted like one because that's the only way to earn his trust. It's dangerous and nearly impossible and it could take me months or years to earn his trust but I was willing to do it. Anything to escape from here. 

I knocked on his chamber's door, I heard a low voice to 'enter'. Zades was sitting with his night robes on. 

"Where were you?" He asked as if he didn't know I was washing his sheets all day long. There's nothing that could go unnoticed by him. 

"I was washing sheets." I answered him while looking him in the eyes. 

"You were supposed to be in the main hall three hours ago. Not only did you fail to obey my command but also came late." He snapped. 

"I am sorry, my prince." I apologized without missing a beat that seemed to lessen his anger. 

"Come and eat, beasty" He motioned me with his two fingers

I obediently moved to the seat next to him while he tore the bread piece and dipped it into oily sauce.

"That's how you tore bread and you're supposed to dip it in the gravy." He explained to me like he always does. I held the urge to roll my eyes. He treated me like I was realistically an animal whom he had to train.

"Open your mouth." I did what I was told. 

"Chew with your mouth closed and slowly." He explained again. I nodded my head as I pretended to not know anything about how to eat like a normal person at all. That way he would keep on feeding me. I wasn't allowed to touch the food which I was eating and the food was too good to be missed. 

He fed me some delicious sweet thing that I forgot the name of. At first he fed me two spoonfuls but then he stopped. I again opened my mouth and pointed my finger at the sweet then my mouth. His lips lifted upwards.