Auction

Christian participates in an auction.

"$100 going once, going twice, and sold! To anonymous number eight. You may meet your date backstage, and the children's hospital appreciates your donation."

Christian peeked from left stage. "Mind telling me how you convinced me to do this again?"

His friend grinned. "Remember, this is for charity. And seeing as how you are currently single again, I thought this would be a great way to meet someone. Plus, I mentioned you would get free dinner. And you agreed wholeheartedly. "

Christian frowned. "We haven't broken up yet. We are just on a break."

"Yeah, and I totally didn't see your ex with another person that night at the movies. Now, you are up so just smile and look pretty. And don't forget the children are depending on you."

Before Christian could object, he was shoved onto center stage earning chuckles from the audience. "Thank you for joining us. That's quite an entrance." The announcer said.

"Now, let's start the bidding. Do I hear $5?" Someone called the number. "Great. Do I hear $6?"

"$20." A familiar voice called from the crowd.

Christian's eyes widened. "Jason? Oh no."

"$20. How kind of you sir. Do I hear $21?"

Another voice called out, "$25."

"$25. Do I hear $26?"

"$30." Jason sang in a taunting voice.

"$30." Christian pouted, and warmed the hearts of other buyers.

"$35!" "$40!" "$45!"

The announcer hit the desk with a small mallet. "One at a time please. Who said $45?" A hand waved. "Thank you. Do I hear?"

"$70." Jason called out.

"Really?" He asked aloud and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry."

"$85!" "90!" "$105!" A few buyers shouted.

"105.1!" Jason shouted and surprised everyone.

"105.1. Going once, going twice, and sold! Congratulations. Please meet your date backstage."

It took Christian a moment to process this before being escorted to the back.

His friend patted him on the back happily. "Way to go bud. Now you can enjoy yourself."

Christian gave him the stink eye. "Yeah right. I was bought by Jason."

He blew through his mouth. "That sucks. Oh well, the children thank you for your service." Jason just arrived. "I'll catch you later." He left.

Christian fidgeted with his hands before asking, "So, how did you know I was here?"

He crossed his arms and looked away. "I may have eavesdropped on you, since you were with that guy."

"Who? Josh? We are just friends. We by chance met and were going to see the same movie. What about you? Who was that girl?"

"That was just a friend as well. She wanted to take me to see the documentary I've been dying to see. The one you would've fallen asleep while watching."

Christian puffed his cheeks out. "Shut it. At least I'm willing to go. You try getting out of watching movies of my choice."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, now let's get out of here. It took all my self control to not murder the other guys trying to buy you."

He grabbed Christian's wrist. "Besides, you owe me a hundred and five dollar date."

Christian's eyes widened. "Wait a minute. I don't have that kind of cash to spend."

Jason smirked. "Then you'll have to use a different form of payment." He wiggled his eyebrows and Christian face palmed himself.

"Dear lord." He mumbled as he allowed himself to be escorted out of the building.