Birthday Gift Exchange 1

Christian and his siblings' exchange birthday gifts.

"How did dad convince us to do a secret Santa for our birthday?" Ashley asked her siblings. "I was looking forward to shopping for all of you, and I compiled a list of gifts I wanted."

"Get a grip." Roger told her. "I'm sure Dad will more than make up for the lack of presents from us."

Ashley pouted and crossed her arms just as Jessie entered the room with an upside down hat in her hands. "Okay everyone. Whoever's name you pick is the person you'll get a gift for that can either be handmade or purchased with a hundred dollar limit, or less. And no telling said person you are their secret shopper until after the presents are exchanged." Jessie said sternly before holding the hat out. Everyone took turns picking names and leaving the last piece of paper for her to take.

Everyone opened the folded pieces of papers to see who they got.

"Yes!" Ashley cheered before noticing the others staring at her. She cleared her throat before slinging her Louis Vuitton purse around her shoulder. "Well, I'm off. I'll see you guys on D day."

As Ashley walked away, Jacob followed her closely and whispered, "You got Christian, didn't you?"

"What would make you think that?"

"That's how you reacted last Christmas when you picked his name. You're so damn lucky."

"Not my fault the gift gods blessed me with the easiest person to shop for twice in the same year."

"Shop my ass." Jacob hissed at her. "You could order him a pizza, and he'd be happy with that."

"I'm not that lazy." Ashley muttered to him. "What kind of person do you take me for? I think I can to better than a pizza. But that makes a great emergency plan if something were to happen to my gifts."

"Gifts?"

Ashley's eyes twinkled. "We can get more than one gift within our budget I'm sure. Now, I'll catch you later." She left with a huge grin on her face.

"Did she get who we believe she got?" Roger asked Jacob as the others converse with each other in the family room.

"Yup." Jacob answered.

"That lucky shrew. She's gotta be cheating. I may not be able to prove it yet, but I'm sure she is."

Jacob rolled his eyes at his immediate younger brother. "Who did you get?"

Roger relaxed a bit. "Sarah"

Jacob narrowed his eyes at him. "And why are you so gung-ho about Ashley getting Christian? Sarah's not that picky, and will accept whatever gift we buy her."

Roger frowned. "But she expects us to give it some thought. The little twerp would be happy if I gave him a sandwich with a bag of chips."

Jacob had a thought rush through his head. "Is that what we really think of our long-lost brother in terms of gift giving?"

Roger huffed. "It's his fault for beaming with anything to do with food. Especially during the holidays. Anyways, who did you get stuck with that you're not happy with?"

"John." Jacob answered with his arms crossed.

"John is a tough nut to crack." Roger agreed with Jacob. "He doesn't share much about his interests and as much as we tried to get hints when we were younger, he hid it well."

"Could be worse." Jacob said. "I could've gotten Ashley."

"She's definitely the worst to shop for. She's so demanding. And expects us to get everything she asks for. I feel sorry for whoever got stuck with her name."