Chapter 1: Back to School

Chapter Description: Stiles returns to school with friends with plans on finishing the middle semester of Senior year smoothly. If only he could get his younger brother to stop being so flashy.

Derek woke up and stretched while yawning. He glanced over to his side and noticed Stiles was gone.

"Stiles? Stiles," Derek said, getting out of bed.

He didn't have to search long before finding his lover in the living room of the loft, eating breakfast, studying, and texting at the same time.

"Did you make sure to add breathing to multitask too," Derek teased.

Stiles turned and smiled, milk from cereal dripping down his chin.

"Yep," Stiles answered, "I remembered this time."

Derek chuckled and stepped closer. He sat next to Stiles to look at what he was studying. Physics and Biology.

"It's the middle semester of you being a senior," Derek said, "Don't you think studying ahead is too much of a task at the moment?"

Stiles shook his head.

"This isn't for school," Stiles said, "For something else."

Derek hummed and glanced at him. He took in the way his eyebrows slightly furrowed when focused. Also how he tended to chew faster and held the spoon tighter to match the grip of the pencil in his hand. Derek smiled lightly. Stiles had been through a lot recently but still managed to keep the traits that made him the same.

"Well, you should get ready," Derek said, closing the book and taking it, "Before you're late and your dad kills me."

"Which one," Stiles asked, grinning.

"Both," Derek replied, "Although god forbid Klaus find out. I rather not get chased to the ends of the earth by him."

Stiles laughed, knowing Derek was right, and grabbed his backpack.

"Got everything," Derek asked.

"Yep," Stiles said, kissing Derek, "I'll see you later, Der."

"Alright," Derek smiled, "My phone's on if you need to talk at all."

"Got it," Stiles said, walking out.

Stiles walked inside the school and started searching for his crew. He found Lydia and Aiden standing by their lockers. They waved at him. Stiles waved back. Then he saw Allison walking side by side with Cora. He nodded at Danny and Ethan who were sitting at the side of the staircase. However, he was missing two others. He rolled his eyes as he knew where to find Scott and Isaac. He went to the boys' locker room. Scott and Isaac were making out inside.

"Ahem," Stiles said, loudly.

Scott looked over, breaking the kiss.

"Hey, Stiles," Scott smiled.

Isaac half waved at Stiles while smiling.

"Hey, guys," Stiles said, "Don't mind me. I was just looking for everyone."

"Something wrong," Isaac asked, worriedly.

"No," Stiles said, "Making sure everyone's here."

"Void been around recently," Scott asked.

"The last time he showed his face was last week," Stiles said, "So not really."

Void doesn't show his face as often anymore. Last week he only showed up because he felt Jack's and Klaus's presence nearby and checked it out. Right after, he left again. Although Stiles could feel him in his head most days, waiting until he was needed again.

"Jack is supposed to be showing up for school today as well, right," Scott asked, walking out with Isaac and Stiles by his side.

"That's the plan. Klaus and Jack had already moved to Beacon Hills," Stiles said, "My only thing is Jack is kind of attractive."

"That boy invented the word attractive," Isaac corrected.

"He brings sexiness to a whole new level," Scott said as well.

"Okay! Okay," Stiles said, rolling his eyes, "He's really attractive. I'm just worried about that."

"Why," Isaac asked.

"He's my little brother," Stiles shrugged, "It's my job to look out for him. So I told him not to make a huge entrance this time."

The doors opened and everyone stared as Jack walked in. He flash a perfect smile at Stiles as he saw him. He was practically glowing, the energy he was giving felt like being kissed by the sun. And of course, he was dressed amazingly hot.

"Seriously, Jack," Stiles groaned.

Jack stood in front of them.

"Hey, guys," Jack smiled.

"Jack, buddy, we talked about this," Stiles said, "The whole flashy thing?"

"This is a casual outfit though," Jack said, looking at Stiles.

"Hey, Jack," a group of girls said, staring at Jack as they walked by.

"Hi, ladies," Jack said, waving and smiling at them.

They walked away giggling hysterically. Stiles smothered the urge to scoff at them treating Jack like some kind of celebrity.

"Awesome," Stiles said, "Barely got here and already catching a fucking Jack Mikaelson fan club. You are so Klaus's son."

Jack was about to ask what he meant but the bell rang.

"We'll meet back up at lunch," Scott said.

"Also Jack, don't forget to try out for Lacrosse," Isaac said, "Okay?"

"Alright," Jack said, waving as they left.

"Okay," Stiles said, "Follow me. I'll show you where our first class is."

Jack followed Stiles to their first class of the day: Language Arts.

Klaus and Noah made sure that Jack had classes that matched Stiles. They did so because they wanted the two to look out for each other. Because of this Stiles tended to take the job a bit overboard. Some in the pack teased Stiles about it. They began telling him that he was acting like Dean, his older brother. Stiles didn't mind the taunting much and also found it a bit funny as well. All in all, everything has been good in Beacon Hills... So far.