Chapter 18: New Orleans

Chapter Description: Theo, Liam, and Brett secretly travel to New Orleans in hopes for finding help from a previous relative of the Mikaelson family.

Marcel sang heartily to the crowds at the bar as Liam, Theo, and Brett walked in.

"So which one is Marcel," Brett asked.

"The one giving everyone a performance," Liam said, staring at him on stage.

"Does everyone in the Mikaelson family look like they were sculpted by some kind of Greek god," Brett asked, "Or is it me?"

"Just you," Liam sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Still pissed off, huh," Brett said to Theo.

"Well, he lost a member of his pack so yeah," Theo sassed.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up," Brett sassed back, "Unfortunately I wasn't invited to this victory celebration nor was I told about the fucking plan."

"That's because no one wanted to hear you swoon about Jack all night long," Liam hissed, "Now will you two shut the hell up and focus!?"

They both stopped talking.

"Thank you," Liam said, turning to see Marcel walking up.

"Well, well, seems someone didn't get the memo," Marcel said, standing in front of them, "What are you three doing here? Surely not stopping by to get yourself a beer."

"Marcel, I presume," Liam asked, stepping forward.

"Who's asking," Marcel asked.

"My name is Liam," Liam introduced, "Liam Dunbar. I figured you could help me with something..."

"Me help a werewolf," Marcel scoffed, "You're joking, right?"

Liam made confused as Marcel started laughing. Marcel noticed his confusion.

"No one told you, did they," Marcel asked, "Let me put it to you straight. I'm a vampire. I don't work with werewolves. I never have and never will. Now usually I would've had you publicly executed for breaking a simple rule of no wolves in the quarter but because I'm fair and merciful I'm gonna let you off with a warning. Stay out of my quarter and stay out of my city."

Liam look upwards as Marcel towered over him. Theo grabbed his arm, grabbing his attention.

"Liam," Theo said, nodding behind Marcel.

A bunch of other people presumably vampires were watching the interaction. Waiting for Marcel to give them the okay to kill.

"We should go," Theo suggested, "Now."

Liam huffed angrily and left the bar with Theo. A few vampires tailed them until they got on a bus and left.

"I can see how he's related to Jack now," Liam sneered.

Brett muffled a laugh.

Later that night, Theo opened his eyes, hearing someone in the living room. He got out of bed, making sure not wake Liam up. When he reached the living room, Chuck was standing there with another person with him.

"Chuck," Theo said, stepping forward, "Who's the blonde?"

"This is Mikael," Chuck said, "He's with me. I heard you were searching for Marcellus in hopes of extra help."

"Who told you that," Theo asked.

"I have connections, Theo," Chuck said, "Why do you wish to use Marcellus?"

"He used to be the adoptive son of Klaus Mikaelson before Jack ever was," Theo said, "I figure he could be of some use in getting blackmail."

"Why not use some else who's been hunting Klaus Mikaelson for centuries," Chuck suggested.

"Who may that be," Theo asked, "No one is dumb enough to hunt the original hybrid."

"I prefer strong enough," Mikael said, speaking up finally, "After all, that bastard boy has been nothing but a pain in my ass."

"I'm sorry who are you again," Theo asked.

"Mikael here is the one who fathered Klaus," Chuck said, "Also the one Klaus fears the most."

"Mikaelson," Theo said, connecting the dots, "You're the father of the Originals!"

"Yes," Mikael said, "I can help you hunt down the bastard and pick off the others as well."

"What about the Winchesters," Theo asked, "You can't take them down."

"You lack faith in my ability," Mikael said.

"Their hunters..."

"So am I," Mikael said.

Theo was taken aback.

"Now this sounds like a poorly written version of Blade from Marvel," Theo sassed, "Alright, what do I do?"

"Nothing," Chuck said, "Wait for my command and follow my lead. I'll give you everything you need. Meanwhile I already setting up arrangements to cause a bit of distraction so I can speak to Marcellus."

"So stay here and stare at the ceiling," Theo asked.

"Stay here and talk about what you want for yourselves once the world is at your fingertips," Chuck smiled, leaving the room.

Mikael glanced at Chuck.

"I think it's time you pay Elijah a visit, Mikael," Chuck said, "Make it quick."

Mikael nodded and left. Chuck went to New Orleans to speak with Marcel himself.